Modern Towing

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
got this of GORV
In Victoria – and the applicable fine structure is very similar across the country – police are empowered to issue fines as follows: • Less than five per cent over ATM/GVM: $238; • Between five per cent but less than 10 per cent over ATM/GVM: $317; • Between 10 per cent but less than 15 per cent over ATM/GVM: $634; and • Between 15 per cent but less than 20 per cent over ATM/GVM: $1580.

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
got this of GORV
In Victoria – and the applicable fine structure is very similar across the country – police are empowered to issue fines as follows: • Less than five per cent over ATM/GVM: $238; • Between five per cent but less than 10 per cent over ATM/GVM: $317; • Between 10 per cent but less than 15 per cent over ATM/GVM: $634; and • Between 15 per cent but less than 20 per cent over ATM/GVM: $1580.
It’s funny how the of state Victoria which most of the caravan manufacturers are based they are trying to penalised the public do they not want caravans there if so no jobs for everyone who builds them.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well Police can't weigh you but Transport can and it would be interesting to see as I think with most set ups that are over weight they are more than likely over the GCM which is what would attract the fine not so much the individual trailer or would you cop a fine for trailer and tug as most forget about the tug, I wonder if to make enforcement easier that all axles will have a official tag displayed that states the gross of that axle then you would just have to weigh individual axles and not break up the combo.

The regs have always been there it's just that bringing them out into the open sells magazines and gets everyone talking and eventually the pollies will make the extra people available to write the tickets but it's not new just another reg that laid dormant until someone spotted it and started yelling.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I have read a lot on this subject including from the VIC copper who is driving it, I must say it's about time people were educated and if the coppers are doing the education then thats fine also, according to the good sergeant who is heading the "task force" no fines have been handed out for non compliance..........YET
Let me also say that I have been pinged for over weight driving semi's and I bet other forum member may have been also ;)

Reactions: G Daddy and Drover

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
from what I have read from these mags and other internet sites these so called roadside checks that they are doing with portable scales,
and weighing both van and tug if van is over weight they apparently will let you dump your grey and fresh water tanks the fines I refereed to earlier are what they want /will fine not sure what they do if your tug is over ????

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
from what I have read from these mags and other internet sites these so called roadside checks that they are doing with portable scales,
and weighing both van and tug if van is over weight they apparently will let you dump your grey and fresh water tanks the fines I refereed to earlier are what they want /will fine not sure what they do if your tug is over ????
Maybe if tug is over you dump misses and kids mmmmm peacefull driving lol