microwave overheating

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
has any one experienced their microwave getting to the stage where it is too hot to touch.? after 6 mins of cooking rice in it the screen fogged up and the dials and front handles could almost burn you.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
For something like that, if you have to pay something than I would look around at microwave options. I bet there is not much more to pay between getting it fixed and just getting something new.

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah I'd just bite the bullet and replace. Pretty sure you have potential for radiation leaks if the units seals are damaged.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
has any one experienced their microwave getting to the stage where it is too hot to touch.? after 6 mins of cooking rice in it the screen fogged up and the dials and front handles could almost burn you.

Hi Jim,
Yes we are currently experiencing the exactly same issues with our Sphere Microwave. We cooked potatoes for 20 mins and it completely shut off. It was like you pulled the plug on it. It was extremely hot and you could not touch the buttons. It's still under warranty and have advised the dealer. I have to follow up with them on what they will do. I assume they will replace it.
Will give you an update.
Cheers
Deano