Melbourne Show next week

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
We will be there on Saturday. Want to have a look at the Kimberley range. Not interested in actually buying one, way way too expensive and complicated. But I want to see the workmanship and all the gizmos they have in them.

Will also have a good look around the Jayco stand. See if there is anything new and exciting.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to have a look at?

cheers
Mike

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Not sure if everyone is aware they are open for a twilight session on Friday night. Only $5 entry after 3:30 or so until 8pm with the Black Crows playing and other entertainment. They are also giving away a Jayco Swift camper with the catch that you have to be present to win.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Will be going sunday looking at some kind of shade tent like a aus trail one
Will be very hard to get to for anyone going for the twlight as traffic will make it very difficult not to mention parking evan though i live 20 mins away on a good day so sunday when doors open for me
Its good to walk around and look but the cost for doing so is not the best bit of a skam really after paying for parkin which will be 25----- 30 bucks at Flemington we have to give so the VRC can recoop money there not making from horses i dont mind giving to them there doing it tough after makeing millions at cup time ok rant over

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We will be there on Saturday. Want to have a look at the Kimberley range. Not interested in actually buying one, way way too expensive and complicated. But I want to see the workmanship and all the gizmos they have in them.

Will also have a good look around the Jayco stand. See if there is anything new and exciting.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to have a look at?

cheers
Mike
Kimberley Kampers went into administration late last year. You'll need Gumtree if you want to buy one.

Grab me a couple of solar panels will ya, but Ive lost interest in the flexi's. I seen a few cheap 250w framed glass panels on Ebay weighing only 10kg each

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We went to the one at Sandown a couple of years back when we were down there for our " Glad We Don't Live In The City " tour, only an entry fee no charge for parking thankfully, was nice wandering around the displays but didn't really see anything at a great price, the quotes seemed to be more than what we were quoted at the yards a few days before and the stalls were good to view but again no great pricing to entice to buy, which was good as we were broke anyway but got to get a hands on look at stuff I later bought cheaper online.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
I believe they are still in business. Going into voluntary administration was done to get around some ownership issues.

Here is one of the news articles about it:

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/ballina-camper-business-goes-into-voluntary-admini/3293218/

cheers
Mike
Hmmmm. Ive been in business all my adult life, appointing Administrators and having a creditors meetings mean one of one things, the rest is just smoke and mirrors. Ive been on the receiving end of these fun and games in the past, and whilst the "owners" always seem to come out smelling like roses, few others do. Good way to advance the brand .... I think not. You can bet these monkeys will be at the front of the line at the creditors meeting with their hand out too

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thursday for Mrs Pace and I. Anyone want our 17.56-2 touring will be up for viewing first week of April at a Vic coastal location fully set up.

Cheers Pace.
So will be spending a lot of time at jayco stand or another brand

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Hi @Crusty181,
I believe they are still in business. Going into voluntary administration was done to get around some ownership issues.

Here is one of the news articles about it:

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/ballina-camper-business-goes-into-voluntary-admini/3293218/

cheers
Mike
Hmmmm. Ive been in business all my adult life, appointing Administrators and having a creditors meetings mean one of one things, the rest is just smoke and mirrors. Ive been on the receiving end of these fun and games in the past, and whilst the "owners" always seem to come out smelling like roses, few others do. Good way to advance the brand .... I think not. You can bet these monkeys will be at the front of the line at the creditors meeting with their hand out too

I agree with @Crusty181
he and his EX wife are directors of a company that is the Major creditor of Kimberley

needs to resolve things quickly

in other words, Ex wife does not believe he will pay up what HE owes to her and their company

I feel a name change will be coming soon to "help distance themselves from previous owners"

their sunk

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I agree with @Crusty181
he and his EX wife are directors of a company that is the Major creditor of Kimberley

needs to resolve things quickly

in other words, Ex wife does not believe he will pay up what HE owes to her and their company

I feel a name change will be coming soon to "help distance themselves from previous owners"

their sunk
All this sort of stuff is very grubby. With the good name they had in the market, why on gods earth would you send out a massive loss of faith message like that. If its some sort of game it may well backfire anyway. Appointing an administrator for millions would certainly sign my death warrant for any refinancing ... no bank would touch me after that.

I suspect it all has something to do with that ridiculously, and outrageously expensive Hot Water system they sell for almost $1000. Its could be the cause of their downfall, like poor old Brocky and his Energy Polariser; remember that clanger

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
I have a friend very recently who had spent the weekend with one of his friends who had just purchased a veryu expensive Kimberley. Apparently it was the last one out before they went into voluntary administration. I am as suspicious as you as to what is going on and I am going to nose around their stand next week.

Just out of curiosity mind, since I have no intention of buying one. Still it pays to follow these episodes and learn from them to hopefully avoid getting shafted by someone else down the track.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
All this sort of stuff is very grubby. With the good name they had in the market, why on gods earth would you send out a massive loss of faith message like that. If its some sort of game it may well backfire anyway. Appointing an administrator for millions would certainly sign my death warrant for any refinancing ... no bank would touch me after that.

I suspect it all has something to do with that ridiculously, and outrageously expensive Hot Water system they sell for almost $1000. Its could be the cause of their downfall, like poor old Brocky and his Energy Polariser; remember that clanger

I feel sorry for them, as a marriage breakdown is never fun and when money is involved, its even worse

from all the articles I have found about it, and reading on the lines, as well as between them
his EX wife wants paid out
NOW
and the company does not have the money to pay him, so he can pay her

sounds like he has probably hocked everything they own to the eyeballs, to get the business up and running, but its too late now to pay back the "major" creditor

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Since I wouldn't buy a new one it's all academic, even the 2nd hand ones are over the moon, I smelt a rat when I first read the article and following reports in the finance sections confirmed a bit of smoke and mirrors taking place.

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Caravan show like I did not know :) Yes I will be going.. Probably a weekday (maybe Wednesday) without kids and maybe the weekend with Sarah and maybe kids.

Friday they open late be interesting. Looks like maybe some rain for weekend.. Weekdays 30 each day

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Caravan show like I did not know :) Yes I will be going.. Probably a weekday (maybe Wednesday) without kids and maybe the weekend with Sarah and maybe kids.

Friday they open late be interesting. Looks like maybe some rain for weekend.. Weekdays 30 each day
Twice Dave. You are very keen.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
I have a friend very recently who had spent the weekend with one of his friends who had just purchased a veryu expensive Kimberley. Apparently it was the last one out before they went into voluntary administration. I am as suspicious as you as to what is going on and I am going to nose around their stand next week.

Just out of curiosity mind, since I have no intention of buying one. Still it pays to follow these episodes and learn from them to hopefully avoid getting shafted by someone else down the track.

cheers
Mike
It will interesting to see if they actually turn up i suppose