Media Gallery

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
@expanda Yes I suppose you could've been awaiting this post.

I have tried and tested the new media section and I have managed to generate an album and populate the required fields (that I can see which need them done!) to upload media.

I got the stage of typing in the blurb for the uploaded media, click save or what ever it said along the line of and no blurb or the uploaded media to be seen.

I will try to enable you to a viewer of what I have done so you can nut this out. Thanks in advance. pace.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
@expanda Yes I suppose you could've been awaiting this post.

I have tried and tested the new media section and I have managed to generate an album and populate the required fields (that I can see which need them done!) to upload media.

I got the stage of typing in the blurb for the uploaded media, click save or what ever it said along the line of and no blurb or the uploaded media to be seen.

I will try to enable you to a viewer of what I have done so you can nut this out. Thanks in advance. pace.

I was a little quiet on this front but glad you found it.

So it seems you have created a gallery which is good.

Try and 're adding some media to the gallery and let me know the error you get.

Cheers

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
I was a little quiet on this front but glad you found it.

So it seems you have created a gallery which is good.

Try and 're adding some media to the gallery and let me know the error you get.

Cheers

Well seeing that I had an insight that your going to ask that of me, I already done that. Now I can see the previous mentioned uploaded media (picture), though just as an outline and none of the text (my typed blurb), can be seen either.

Too me its like it wants to though and it hung up somewhere and doing the background job thingy, not that I'm trained in these things, just doing my forum member thing. Thx Pace.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Well seeing that I had an insight that your going to ask that of me, I already done that. Now I can see the previous mentioned uploaded media (picture), though just as an outline and none of the text (my typed blurb), can be seen either.

Too me its like it wants to though and it hung up somewhere and doing the background job thingy, not that I'm trained in these things, just doing my forum member thing. Thx Pace.

Cheers Pace I'll setup a test user and try it out

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
I just created an album, uploaded one pic and it worked fine

Great it works!

Nice pic of the truck to!

Now you have media in your media library you can access it when replying to a thread by the way by clicking the camera icon. This saves you having to load the file again -

upload_2015-2-23_9-51-52.png

Reactions: Capt. Gadget

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
So is the intention (or wish) for us to host our pics there and link back within the threads? Or a bit of both?

Happy to create albums if that's "the way of the future", but it's always nice going through threads with thumbnails in there... Unless of course, linking them puts a thumb nail...

Maybe I should just stop postulating and try loading an album??

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
So is the intention (or wish) for us to host our pics there and link back within the threads? Or a bit of both?

Happy to create albums if that's "the way of the future", but it's always nice going through threads with thumbnails in there... Unless of course, linking them puts a thumb nail...

Maybe I should just stop postulating and try loading an album??

There is definetly no intention or wish.

The feature is there for you to use or not use and as per usual entirely free to do so as well.

Very much the same as the forum itself.

Your choice really.....

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
ok, will do, just heaps on right now. kids just got home from school, empting bags/ lunch boxes, filling in forms, sweeping out sand from sandpit back out the door.............. sound familiar to anyone.
30 min for me........:(
On the bright side, Im sure I will have a nice home cooked meal ready and waiting for me along with a foot rub and a glass of single malt......NOT!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
ok, will do, just heaps on right now. kids just got home from school, empting bags/ lunch boxes, filling in forms, sweeping out sand from sandpit back out the door.............. sound familiar to anyone.

Sounds like me 15 to 20 years ago... A year or so to go and will be going through it again with the grandson :der:

Reactions: Antman