Interior Making a trifold table

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I went back to Jayco to get pricing on the veneer edging and thought I'd just ask about the sheet , table and cupboard again. Seems last time they gave it to me wrong way round with the table being expensive. ( it was verbal over the phone so maybe I screwed it up?)

So if you could live with the table width or better get Jayco to custom size the table width. which given it's special order Iam sure they would. And you work out price on the edge veneer you need as well. The table is great value and saves a heap of work $135 (less a discount most dealers give?) minus the edge veneer you would need for a net cost of like $90 !!!!

The cupboard is total rip but isn't to hard to knock up something and given its location aesthetics aren't as important.

image.jpeg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Interesting.. So if you want no cupboard its $135 for the table then extras for Laminex so under $300.

No Dave you don't need the laminex or edging I just got that quote for interest. The table is $135 then you need a cupboard or such support of some description plus legs plus hinge?

Reactions: davemc

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
For quality piano hinge in different sizes I found a Sydney company that have them.

http://www.continuoushinges.com.au/

The stuff bunnings have looks average to me and a quality hinge is what will make the table solid. These guys have them in different thickness.

You can't buy direct but they sell through these guys.

http://www.ovesco.com.au/
Yep I got the Bunnings hinge (prestige brand I think?) and it is no good when the screws go in as it closes to far so the table doesnt sit level . I had to put screws with big heads on them to level it out but will get a better hinge down the track.

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep I got the Bunnings hinge (prestige brand I think?) and it is no good when the screws go in as it closes to far so the table doesnt sit level . I had to put screws with big heads on them to level it out but will get a better hinge down the track.

I have asked that question of the hinge make mate . Will advise when I find out.

Reactions: 17triton

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
So there it is all done! Really happy with the way it come up. Only issue is the hinges I got from Bunnings have a large gap and had to put bigger headed screws in so the table sat level when open.

Just a thought @17triton is it possible to recess the hinges to reduce your gaps? Bit of mucking around but may be worth it.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hi Triton,just wondering what you made the cupboard out of ? cheers Pilchards.
I used 190 x 19 kd hardwood ( Victorian ash ) and gave it a couple of coats of lime wash to lighten it up and match it a bit more to the Jayco timber finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: KECL

Pilchards

Aug 15, 2012
Jewells, NSW
I used 190 x 19 kd hardwood ( Victorian ash ) and gave it a couple of coats of lime wash to lighten it up and match it a bit more to the Jayco timber finish.
Thanks, you have done a top job. How have the hinges held up after some use,is the table still straight or is there some flex in the hinges?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks, you have done a top job. How have the hinges held up after some use,is the table still straight or is there some flex in the hinges?
I sold the van in January mate but the hinges held up well. we didn't use the table a lot and most time was folded back to give us room but definately no issues. Our kids are a bit older as well and knew not to go leaning all over the table as well which helps.