Chassis Mains water pressure regulator

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
Hey guys n gals,

Outback 2013, very ordinary water pressure via mains connection. Speaking with Jayco, they've hinted at numerous issues with the brass regulator. As I simply don't want to wait months for Jayco to fix it. Am hoping to go to Bunnings and fixie fix myself.

So on that note, do we know what is the best replacement one way valve we can swap out he brass regulator with?

Rod flood

Jul 19, 2014
Hey mate.
Had the same problem yesterday and I stretched the spring and it helped but I was not satisfied. I went to Bunnings and purchased a NEFA 500kpa Pressure Limiting valve $69
I changed it over in about 5 min and now it is awesome and there is no need to worry about bursting pipe or fittings.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi team, I know this has been done before over and over, but could someone tell me if this is the pressure limiting valve please ??
This is under Sterling that has never been off the bitumen (apparently) cheers
IMG_0942.jpg

Reactions: Warren Pavey

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I agree with Rod Flood - stretched spring which made pressure better but replaced with the same unit he did which fixed the problem.

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine I just ripped the guts out a few trips back and all works fine now, just haven't got around to replacing it.......haven't found anywhere with pressure thats much chop to warrant it. Most are struggling to push water thru the filter which I don't use often either.

Reactions: Delano

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Hey mate.
Had the same problem yesterday and I stretched the spring and it helped but I was not satisfied. I went to Bunnings and purchased a NEFA 500kpa Pressure Limiting valve $69
I changed it over in about 5 min and now it is awesome and there is no need to worry about bursting pipe or fittings.

Thanks @Rod flood, this will be my next mod on the Expanda. Just spent a few nights on Stradbroke Island and I used the van shower each night, whilst it all worked fine I could use some extra pressure.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Reasons for low Mains pressure I have had.
1. incorrectly fitted tempering valve
2. problems with pressure reduction Valve
3. Crap in the filters in the tempering valve
4. Crap in the little thingo that screws on the end of the spout in the kitchen sink

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today I crawled under the van and pulled apart the PR valve to clean the strainer as the pressure had dropped off, it was full of crap because when I hooked up I forgot to flush the tap and hose before plugging into van.
Anyway the thought came to me that if you have a pressure reg fitted where they normally put them and it's to stop blowing the fittings if you find a place that has heaps of pressure ???? Then whats protecting the plumbing from the outside mains connector and that join/pipe that runs inside the van down to the PRvalve ???????
Maybe thats why they moved some later models mains connection to the draw bar........!!!!!!!!!!!!!...a future mod for me I think.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wouldn't matter actually as the hose connectors would pop off before anything else, at least mine do when I crank up the fire fighter too much.

But I'm going to stop by The Green Shed and pick up one of these one day just in case I need one.

fc99e8aa-bb0e-4713-bf07-75599ccee418.jpg Nefa 500kpa $69