17' Series Maiden Voyage

DAB

Feb 27, 2015
Albury
Picked up our 17.56-1 OB during the week and took it to Bright for its maiden voyage. It is fantastic, everything worked as it should and so far no warranty work required. It is optioned with 2 solar panels, hot water, outdoor shower, 2 water tanks, 2 gas bottles, extended draw bar, premium sound, privacy screens (didn't arrive with van). We put a fiamma bike carrier on draw bar and worked perfectly, can still set up bed with bikes on carrier. Was a bit worried about turning to sharp in Prado and touching bikes but no problem even backing onto tight site. We came out of a swan and loved it but the expander for us is so much better. The ease of setting and packing up is unreal. Towed well behind Prado and averaged 17.5 l/100km sitting on 100-110. I will try and load a photo of bike rack as it worked really well. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 373

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Congrats @DAB .... no warranty work ???, get off this site. Ha. Just kidding, excellent, and they don't all stuff up. Very nice looking van. Bright is a beautiful place for the maiden voyage, just a bit cold this time of year. Good opportunity to test the heater ... and it looks like you can open the bed without removing the bike ???

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Great to hear the shakedown trip didn't shake anything apart @DAB . Like the bike rack but unfortunately we only have the standard bar and won't fit :(

We went straight from the tent to an expanda (Missing the camper trailer stage) and boy.... Did we notice the difference in setup time and effort.

We get similar mileage from our Prado towing the 17.56.2OB (Provided it's not too hilly!!!!)

DAB

Feb 27, 2015
Albury
2014 VX diesel, bit underpowered in the hills but otherwise towed it well.
Heater worked really well until it got below about 4 degrees outside then started cutting in and out. Lucky we had a fan heater.

Reactions: Bluey

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Awesome bike rack and would be the perfect solution for us.... if like @dagree we didn't have the standard drawbar...

Still, it's all about sharing ideas and getting a few tips and tricks...

Enjoy the new van smell!

Reactions: dagree

Luke Rowe

Jan 10, 2015
Hi there mate, can you please tell me if the bikes hit the car when tilted if left hooked up for an overnight stop. I have the extended draw bar but only have the fixed bike rack which i think i will have to remove bikes to fold out front bed

Thanks