20' Series Macca_75's 20.64.1 OB

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Chromecast wont work without an internet connected wi-fi, I tried every which way to get mine working with zero success.

Anything that produces heat will gobble power

We have 3 x 2.4mtr lengths of sullage inside the rear bumper
Chromecast - OK. I'm sure I will find something that can stream/connect over a wifi connection. I'll throw an old wifi router into the van and run it off 12v. Hook the Kodi server up to it and then the kids and stream straight to their ipads. I'm sure getting something to the TV can't be impossible.

We've gone the 240v $10 kmart job. It can live on a picnic table - if it gets knicked so be it. My rig is setup for 4wding anyway and has a old fashion gas kettle in the drawers all the time so we have that as a backup/offgrid option.

Still figuring out the sullage storage. I can't get and pipes under the van easily without them hanging below everything that's already there. Am going to look at the bumper option and/or attaching something to the bumper. It's 2.5 wide anyway.

Reactions: bigcol

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Done - they are in the back of the car (mid size set). Pete walked me over to another van with them fitted - looks easy enough. Will see how I go tonight. Also got 2 bars.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
AFK fitted OK.

Found this idea on a Facebook page (mounted behind rear wheels, in front of jack point) to store poles.

upload_2017-2-6_10-42-44.png

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That looks like a very upmarket end on the pole carrier.

Any idea of brand?......maybe not as it was a Facebook post?

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
That looks like a very upmarket end on the pole carrier.

Any idea of brand?......maybe not as it was a Facebook post?
Normal 100mm "Bazooka" pipe (for roof racks, etc).

And then Rhino end caps - just ebay "rhino 100mm lockable" (each end cap will be around $40-$50)

Of course, if you don't worry about security then a screw cap is fine but for $500 worth of poles I think it's cheap insurance against the "opportunist" theft

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks ...my el cheapo pole carriers may need some upgrading....but they've served us well.

I'm seriously considering getting a rectangular version made but have to balance functionality and expense....but I like the quality of those.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
The poles are the same - the cover is lockable ;-)

Also, I love where it's mounted. Out of the way, painted black it's inconspicuous and looks neat. Not sure if I can get the whole AFK in 1 x 100mm pipe though

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
OK - so the 12v fans are in and done.

Truth be known hours of procrastination turned into about an hour of actual work to get the three installed.

Top Bunk
top_bunk_fan.jpg

Bottom bunk
bottom_bunk_fan.jpg

For the bottom bunk I managed to feed the wire close enough to the 12v socket and piggy back off that. For the top bunk I had to remove the 240v point, feed the wire down the corner (with the other looms) and into the same 12v socket/cover as the bottom bunk. Really happy with the result as everything just fit within existing covers and dead spaces.

This is the cover in the food cupboard for the 12v socket.

12v_power_cupboard.jpg

For the front fan I mounted it to the bottom of the overhead cupboard and took power straight from the built in light (power is active to the light by either a 240v connection or when the batteries are switched on via the Drifta.

front_fan.jpg

and a pic of where I stole the power from (wire is behind the light and cannot be seen from the front)

front_van_power.jpg

Next up is to go the AFK pole holders.

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Hi Macca, we fitted our storm covers on the weekend which came with our new van, we don't seem to have an aylett to clip the covers on the lid but did use the ones on the side which was painful as you have lower the lids partially to get them to fit. Did you fit the covers yourself and if so how did you fit the aylett to the lid. The storm covers worked great as we got hit with heavy rain with the bed ends remaining dry.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi Macca, we fitted our storm covers on the weekend which came with our new van, we don't seem to have an aylett to clip the covers on the lid but did use the ones on the side which was painful as you have lower the lids partially to get them to fit. Did you fit the covers yourself and if so how did you fit the aylett to the lid. The storm covers worked great as we got hit with heavy rain with the bed ends remaining dry.
The Sailtrack was added by the dealer. I fed the covers into the sailtrack. In the bag the covers were supplied in was a bag of spare parts - a few screws and a few spare clips. I just screwed the male part of the clip to the hard lid. If you pull the cover back up like in my photos you will figure out were to put the clip. Just screw it in. Once you get past the fibreglass there is wood (you will see the ribbed part on the lid)

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I got to busy as few weeks back at Marysville and forgot to get happy snaps of the setup so I made sure to get a few this weekend down at Eagle Point.

Eagle Point - setup.jpg

Eagle Point - nighttime.jpg

Next couple of things really needed are a Diesel Heater (so I can leave it on very low at night) and fitting a (yet to be purchased) table to the back bed for travel.

Anyway it's time for a wash and going into storage for a month as we want the garage back for the cars during the colder months....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Nice looking van there Macca, and I can assure you that the diesel heater goes very very well in the 20.63.

I see your family is sufficiently embarrassed to be photographed with the combo Richmond/Ford fire drum to blank out your faces .... at the next group meet they can hold their heads up around the Navara fire drum arrive (a drum to be truly proud of)

Sorry, that's a little presumptuous of me. I should have asked, is that a fire drum ... or are you just burning it. :behindsofa:

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Nice looking van there Macca, and I can assure you that the diesel heater goes very very well in the 20.63.

I see your family is sufficiently embarrassed to be photographed with the combo Richmond/Ford fire drum to blank out your faces .... at the next group meet they can hold their heads up around the Navara fire drum arrive (a drum to be truly proud of)

Sorry, that's a little presumptuous of me. I should have asked, is that a fire drum ... or are you just burning it. :behindsofa:
Oh my.... For your sake I hope we never meet on the 4wd tracks. I'd hate to have to NOT winch you out :boxing-25:

I tried looking for a Nissan Navara meme, but couldn't find one. Seems they have never been taken offroad :behindsofa:

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Oh my.... For your sake I hope we never meet on the 4wd tracks. I'd hate to have to NOT winch you out :boxing-25:

I tried looking for a Nissan Navara meme, but couldn't find one. Seems they have never been taken offroad :behindsofa:
Got my own winch ... not sure how it works, but I got it anyway. There's a very good reason you wont see them offroad :oops: