Lumpy Roof

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all,

After the handover on Saturday I asked for a ladder so I could check out the roof and got a real shock. The roof looked bloody terrible, big lumps and hollows all over it and the lumps you could push down like there was nothing under it. They told me that's how the full size vans are made. I'm used to how my pop top was, fairly flat and stuck down. Apparently the full vans have a layer of a thin type of plastic which is rolled out over the top and only stuck down around the edges.

I asked to look at another van (sterling) and it wasn't as bad as mine, so I've added this to the list for the factory to look at. If anyone else has a full van and fairly new, what's your roof like? If it rained it would take weeks if not months for the water to evaporate from these big lows in our roof, I think the ducks would find a new home!

Cheers.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi all,

After the handover on Saturday I asked for a ladder so I could check out the roof and got a real shock. The roof looked bloody terrible, big lumps and hollows all over it and the lumps you could push down like there was nothing under it. They told me that's how the full size vans are made. I'm used to how my pop top was, fairly flat and stuck down. Apparently the full vans have a layer of a thin type of plastic which is rolled out over the top and only stuck down around the edges.

I asked to look at another van (sterling) and it wasn't as bad as mine, so I've added this to the list for the factory to look at. If anyone else has a full van and fairly new, what's your roof like? If it rained it would take weeks if not months for the water to evaporate from these big lows in our roof, I think the ducks would find a new home!

Cheers.
we picked up around 8 weeks ago and i had a good look on the roof whist washing the van last week, mine has a slight bow in it that side to side which i felt was for run off, it is not super flat and smooth but not close to what your describing. I dont think i would have any spots that would pool with water.
Good luck