Starcraft LPG Gas Bottles

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
Hi All,
Just wondering if Jayco dealers fill up the LPG gas bottles upon delivery of a new van, or do they even come with gas bottles standard.
We're picking up our new van later this year and I was wondering if I need to bring my own.
Thanks
Eddii

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Eddii,
empty gas bottles are fitted in the factory and their weight will be included in the Tare when the van is weighed.
You should be given gas safety fuses that fit between the gas cylinder an the pigtail that goes to the regulator or changeover switch if you are getting two gas cylinders.

The Jayco dealer at Bayswater filled the gas bottle and the water tank. However, I wasn't sure and emailed the dealer prior to pickup to confirm. It would be difficult to do a handover which includes checking the fridge and cooktop without gas in the bottle.

Our dealer supplied a 12-pin socket and a connection document as soon as we signed the contract.

cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
Thanks for the guidance guys ;) yeah it's our first brand new caravan so we don't really know what to expect.
Good point with water tanks too, since the dealer is 500klms away, we'll have to free camp overnight on our way home:)
Delivery of our new van is in October.... cant wait :)

Reactions: Crusty181