Low water pressure

Happytravelers5

Jan 11, 2014
On our third trip in our brand new expanda and have low water pressure in the sink and external shower. Any ideas please?

waznvic

May 14, 2012
Howdy. We had zero flow when connected to the mains supply, but the pump worked fine. Turns out there is a non return valve built into the plastic fitting that the hose plugs into. Inside the fitting is a small valve with a compression spring. The retaining collar on the valve came adrift and caused the valve to work in reverse. ie it won't allow water to flow in. I disassembled it, and was unble to re-fit the collar so put it back without the valve and all is fine. Cheers, Waz

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I also used my external shower for the first time last week and its useless as the pressure is so low.......

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I'm camped in the front yard of my parents and found the mains pressure is too low despite having the hose turned to full. After a day I just filled the tanks and use the pump, much better, especially for the external shower.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I also found my external shower head filled up with a lot of debris. I finished up changing the head over to one from masters hardware, cost me $10 and pressure is so much better. You can pull the original ones apart, the front of the head where the holes are does come off.

Reactions: relgate

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I also found my external shower head filled up with a lot of debris. I finished up changing the head over to one from masters hardware, cost me $10 and pressure is so much better. You can pull the original ones apart, the front of the head where the holes are does come off.

I wondered about that...