16' Series Loose Winegard Antenna

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Hi Folks
Part way through our half lap and in Kakadu. In 15,000 km or so only problems we’ve had is some dust coming in from the wheel arches = fixed with a tube of sikaflex and a poorly aligned wheel which was scrubbing out.

Anyone with Winegard antenna experience?

Last night was winding it down and heard a pop. The antenna can now swivel around whilst locked (without having to pull down on the internal direction changer)

I had a look on the roof and you can rock the antenna on the ‘rotating gear housing’ and turn the antenna by hand without resistance.

The antenna still winds up but when winding down the antenna you need to hold and push up the ‘directional handle’ otherwise it pushes down as if you were pulling it down to rotate the antenna.

Looking in the manual I can’t see what the problem could be? Any ideas?

In the meantime i’ve Taped the antenna onto the roof

Thanks

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi Folks
Part way through our half lap and in Kakadu. In 15,000 km or so only problems we’ve had is some dust coming in from the wheel arches = fixed with a tube of sikaflex and a poorly aligned wheel which was scrubbing out.

Anyone with Winegard antenna experience?

Last night was winding it down and heard a pop. The antenna can now swivel around whilst locked (without having to pull down on the internal direction changer)

I had a look on the roof and you can rock the antenna on the ‘rotating gear housing’ and turn the antenna by hand without resistance.

The antenna still winds up but when winding down the antenna you need to hold and push up the ‘directional handle’ otherwise it pushes down as if you were pulling it down to rotate the antenna.

Looking in the manual I can’t see what the problem could be? Any ideas?

In the meantime i’ve Taped the antenna onto the roof

Thanks
Take some pics

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Spoke to a guy in the caravan park here in Alice Springs today. I took the internal handle off and from the inside you can access a nut. I tightened this a little and seems ok now . Hopefully all good now.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Carefull with them water can leak through them into roof without you knowing untill it starts dripping once its sucked in enough to start dripping theres a rubber seal in them that can fail there a good thing but a pain also im not realy a fan
If you have trouble with them outcomes can be very bad