Looking after your expanda

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
giving mine a wash as we speak after the Xmas trip away, mine is called "Boat Wash" brand "Boatcare" from the caravan mob, but reckon any fibreglass wash would do. I get the bug guts off the front with a bit of elbow work. Same as the other guys though, I get the cover back on as quickly as possible, mine is a Coast RV as well. even get a trickle charge from the panel under the cover. pays to keep the sun off em when parked up.
Our Panda is only 14months old but so far still looks like new.

HM

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Same here truck wash for us and also I spray a light coat of crc on the aluminium checker plate section to keep it in good nick and just wipe of before we head off.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Definitely use a boat wash and polish twice a year - again with a fibreglass polish. Macguires (sp?) make one I have used and after five years my (now sold) Expanda looked new.
It is important to cover the van and you don't need anything more than a $200 cover off eBay. Sun eventually kills fibreglass. And tyres.
The cover will last about three years. Then get another. A full height van cover (if yours is a pop top) will also cover the tyres which is a useful feature.
If you saw the size of the hail my Starcraft recently withstood (recognising the fibreglass Expanda is even stronger) I'd not bother with anything else.
Other than that, a good clean after every trip is all that's needed.
Remember if any of the washes you use contain amonium the van will yellow. (Hence the need to stay with boat type fibreglass washes).
Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: The Goodwins