Led Strip Light/ Adhesive

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi folks,
I've been trying to find what people have had success with sticking their strip light on with. I bought a 5m roll off eBay to make a light for my tunnel boot but the adhesive has been affected by the heat or something, it's just really tacky but doesn't stick. I cleaned it all off and tried a hot glue gun....no good.
So what will actually work, maybe kwik grip or a good 3m double sided tape.....I'm sticking it to plastic duct, I'm thinking the adhesive will now be the dearest part!

Cheers.

Last edited:

foreveryoung

Jul 28, 2013
Bega nsw
I tried kwik grip today on the side of the van and didn't work, which was probably a good thing since I couldn't figure out how to wire up the switch to turn them off

Reactions: Burnsy

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I use 3M automotive tape........same as is used to stick down automotive trim. Sticks like s h#t to a blanket. I don 't have an actual name or part number handy , but I'll see what I can dig up. The tape itself is grey with red backing.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks for your replies, I've used silicone the entire length because I already had that at home, if that fails I'll go the 3m tape!
Cheers.