LED lights

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Biding my time waiting for the new rig to turn up in two weeks:violin:........I am thinking about replacing the internal light bulbs with LED's. Interested in hearing what others have done. What types of LED's, where did you get them from, how much were they:noidea:

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
G'Day Triton,
I was under the impression this years vans already had LED internal lights. I have a 16.49.1OB on order due november & it will have LED Lighting as standard.
Paul

Reactions: Triton

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Thanks guys......I will have to check if it is standard on mine.......if not, off to Hong Kong I go! Anyone else waiting on an order?......any ideas if LED are standard now?

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
There was a post in another thread that states the switches on the new LED lights were a problem so Jayco have gone back to the traditional 12v lights.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
There was a post in another thread that states the switches on the new LED lights were a problem so Jayco have gone back to the traditional 12v lights.

Hmm! That concerns me a bit. The dealer assured me they would be LED & no mention of problems. I think I'll be calling him tomorrow & asking the question.
Now that you mention it I do remember having trouble with the switch on the LED light in the display model we looked at.
I'll post the response from the dealer when I get one.

Maybe I'll be contacting Hong Kong also.......

Thanks for the info,

Paul

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
I also thought the switches felt a little stiff, having said all of that I did see a van with LED lights on the factory tour last week, they may have fixed the problems.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
That would be good if they have fixed the problem.... I call them tomorrow & ask.
Just a quick question .... are the lights switched from anywhere else other than the switch on the light itself? If so you could just leave the light on & turn it on & off from the wall switch. (there was a switch on the wall inside the door on the display model)

Paul

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi,
We just received our 16.49.3OB last week and did not get LED lights. We were very disappointed. I called the dealer and they said Jayco is no longer using the LED light as they had problems with the switchers.

I also rang Jayco head office to confirm and They confirmed no LED lights.
The following are Also not included, Jerry can holders on shower models and no underslug on single axle outback. Also if u want your table to be the same laminex as your bench top, it is now an option.

Hope this helps.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Also if u want your table to be the same laminex as your bench top, it is now an option.

Well that is surprising!

I have looked in the 2011 Brochure for the Expanda series and in the Internal Options list for the standard and OB, nowhere is this listed as an option. Furthermore in all the photographs, the table is the same colour as the rest of the laminex, of which two options are listed: "Rare Earth" and "Greige".

If you are interested, the Australian Oxford Dictionary defines laminex as, noun "...durable plastic laminate used as table surface etc".

So to make the two different colours without advising so would seemingly be inviting legal trouble at the worst and just annoying otherwise loyal customers at the least.

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Hi bank of dad,
I must say I was very peed off when I wa told it is now am option and the broucher does not meantion it as an option anywere. I was told that it was a miss print.

I rang Jayco head office and have put a formal complaint in about all the miss prints and changers. When I spoke to them, they said it is in the contract that jayco have the right to change without notice. My written complaint has gone to the sales department (head office) and I am waiting for a response. My advise to you is contact your dealer and confirm your table top.

Must say even though we have had a bit of a disappointment we r still overall happy with our caravan. Jayco need to find a better editor as I think 3 errors or miss prints is a bit unacceptable for such a large company.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
There seems to be more things poping up on here that my dealer assured me were standard on my order. First the LED lights Now I hear no underslung axle on single axle outbacks.......
Think I might be sending an email to him to clarify a few things. When I get a response I will post them.
It's sounding a bit inconsistant between different dealers or maybe they just brush us off & think once we take delivery we'll accept it.

Paul

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
Once we received our van with out the above items and I questioned it we were told it was a miss print in the broucher and basically bad luck there is nothing we can do. As our table is damaged our sales person is tryin to order me one with the same laminex as our kitchen. He informed me he will try to get one.

When I rang head office and complained said, "if I was to trade in my van to do and told u it had led lights underslug axle, Jerry can holders and on delivery it did, I bet you would not accept it." he man had no comment, he was actually lost for words. After a few minutes his response was, "in the contract u signed has a clause in it that jayco can make changes subject to improvements."

My advice is speak to your dealer l, get him to contact head office to clarify and make it clear if they sate these things are included and they are not you will not be accepting it. Even better I'd you ring headoffice they will also confirm what u will/will not be getting.

Good luck.

Micky

Jul 15, 2011
Callala Bay NSW
Morning All, We picked up our new 14.44.2 in late March this year and did get the LED internal lights. Must admit the switches are very small and stiff (and don't appear to be overly durable) however we do have (and assume all vans are the same) a standard type light switch just inside the door which we use to turn the interior lights on/off with. Only time we use the individual LED light switches is if we want only one of the LED's on. Cheers :thumb:

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
"Jayco Corporation owns the copyright in this Brochure. Unauthorised use, reproduction or adaption is forbidden and will be prosecuted. Due to ongoing improvement, the specifications in this brochure are subject to change without notice."

Spoke with our dealer, Bayswater, and they inform me that the standard table surface is "Timber", but you can have the chosen laminex instead as a zero cost option.

As for LED's, some early display models have them which is probably a little misleading. All vans except campers and expandas have LED's as standard and Bayswater are pushing for this to be the case across all models. What will ours have - they can't say!

When I spoke to them, they said it is in the contract that jayco have the right to change without notice.

A contract can only be altered with mutual agreement. My sales contract says nothing about changes without agreement.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Also if you go to Jayco website www.jayco.com.au and look in the "Virtual Tours" you will see various models, some are last year 2010 (can tell by the old cupboard handles) some of which have the "Timber" and some matching laminex tables. So no real common thread.

Difficult to see if LED or standard lights.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
I Guess we will find out when we take delivery. I'm not too concerned about the table or LED lighting I can live with that & change later if I want. It's the overslung axle that worries me. I'm counting on it being underslung as that was what was offered to me when I ordered it as well as the RHS rear bumper.
What do others have in the 16.49 outbacks.... Underslung or Over?
I'll send an email this weekend & get my dealer to confirm exactly what I will be getting & use this as a checklist when I take delivery.
PMK

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I Guess we will find out when we take delivery. I'm not too concerned about the table or LED lighting I can live with that & change later if I want. It's the overslung axle that worries me. I'm counting on it being underslung as that was what was offered to me when I ordered it as well as the RHS rear bumper.
What do others have in the 16.49 outbacks.... Underslung or Over?
I'll send an email this weekend & get my dealer to confirm exactly what I will be getting & use this as a checklist when I take delivery.
PMK

PMK

We just got our 16-49-1 OB 4 weeks ago and its underslung. Which is what I expected.
The table is the same as the bench top and no internal LED lighting which I fixed for about $12 from ebay

mfexpanda

Reactions: PMK

Lisao

Jun 7, 2011
Melbourne
PMK

We just got our 16-49-1 OB 4 weeks ago and its underslung. Which is what I expected.
The table is the same as the bench top and no internal LED lighting which I fixed for about $12 from ebay

mfexpanda

Hi mfexpanda,

Can u please tell me which jayco u purchased from? What is your max ATM on your compliance plate? Our dealer was ramberling on about 2 tone weight can not be underslung.
I will be calling our dealers tomorrow and demanding underslug.

GLX-R

Mar 9, 2011
Kyneton, Vic
Hi all,

At risk of upsetting a few, I don't think the table top is an issue. We did get our table top the same as the bench top. But I did see at the Caulfied show a table that had a big map of Aus laminated over the top. Now that I really liked and can't wait to do the same in my van. The brochure we got (after reading previous posts here) actually specifies LED lights only on the brake/indicator lights. I made the mistake of interpreting that as LED everywhere. I will upgrade myself & think the ideas on this forum are much better than the standard LED setup Jayco tried and abandoned anyway.

I would have loved an underslung axles too, if I had of known it was an option and (more importantly) it fitted under my carport. I am even thinking of spending the extra money to convert when I finally fix the carport.

There are a few things I wish I had of ordered & a few things that aren't quite what I was expecting when the van was delivered. But overall, I would rather have my Expanda with all it's faults than go back to the ages of setting up & packing up the Eagle or spending heaps on alternative accom.

Stew