leaking water pump

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Has anyone had a leaking water pump? We bought our Swan 2008 a year ago and realized when we first used the water pump that it was leaking! Have spoken to Jayco and they said there wasn't a seal kit and we would have to replace the pump at $180 which I don't mind but thought I would check on here first to see if this was a common problem!

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic
Pumps are available much cheaper, ($26 on ebay, search for, hand waterpump)assuming its an eletric pump plumbed through the hand pump as ours was) but dissasemble your pump and put some vaseline on the shaft to lubricate and help seal it, also check for a split between the plunger and the spout, I found ours was split, and used some urethane sealant to glue it and the vaseline on the plunger shaft to help seal the o-ring, which also made the plunger much easier to use.

Last edited:

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Thanks for the tips BaxnRach! The pump still works a treat but just with the little leak just enough to annoy me! We have just put the swan on the market to upgrade and don't want to sell it dodgy! Will try what you have said, thanks again :)

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Hi Pace, Jayco have said that this pump does not have a seal kit!!
We are looking at the 14.44-4 as it's us and the 2 boys 7 & 9! I'm liking the fixed bunks at the end!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
We had our hand pump the van not working, ending up being the rubber diaphragm had come away from the bottom fitting. Pryed it out with a manipulated clothes hanger then refitted, lubed with Vaseline, all good.

Sorry just re read the first post stating no seal kit.

14.44.4, nice van. Good option too for those who don't have a large car to tow with. Pace.