16' Series Leaking Roof

Rnimm

Feb 9, 2015
Wagga Wagga
Hi we are new members to the forum as of today.
We purchased a 2011 Expanda 16.49.3 just after Christmas and have just noticed some water damage in the left hand corner roof above the front bed.
Does anybody have any suggestions of where to start to find the leak?
I have noticed on our pop up the seals at each end near the clips seam to be a little worn when the top closes they push out a little to the side, not sure if this could be a problem
Any suggestions would be great
Thank you

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Im not sure how the pop tops are put together but I had a water leak on my 9month old swan. The water was coming in through the poor silicon job that holds the corner mouldings on. As the molds sit higher than the roof itself the water would pool on the roof in one corner and slowly find its way through gaps in the silcone. I just pushed stikaflex in to the corner moulds with my finger (where they meet the roof and the edge moulds) on all 4 corners and never leaked again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnimm

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
, it will be silivon failing on the roof. Ours is also leaking there and as stated it is because the mouldings are too high. You can add sealant, however, to completely reseal the roof, then a new roof is required.

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I removed all the silicone on my roof and liberally reapplied with new silicone just as a precaution to anywhere that looked like an entry point for water ingress. I have never experienced any leaks and if it was going to it was out last trip to the High Country when a big summer storm rolled through.

And as mentioned concentrate on the corner mouldings.

Last edited: