Chassis Latest mod, ARK Off Road Hitch

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Just picked up one of the ARK XO ORXOF50 off road hitches after seeing it on another post on here a while back.

Its a bit of a heavy beast, with the package showing 22kg weight, but when I compared it to the ALKO one that its replacing, there is probably about 10kg difference.

Had to go and get longer bolts as the standard ones were too short, but other than that fitting was a simple 4 bolts and the reconnecting of the hand brake cable.

hitch1.JPG
hitch2.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
22kg, my it is a heavy beast..................what made you go with one of them ????....

Answered my own question I think after reading up about them, sounds good and may change my mind about a mcHitch actually as I can leave my standard 50mm ball in place for other stuff....$240 sounds good also.........................................my research landed me on that other site, gee there's some knobs there.

Last edited:

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
22kg, my it is a heavy beast..................what made you go with one of them ????....

Answered my own question I think after reading up about them, sounds good and may change my mind about a mcHitch actually as I can leave my standard 50mm ball in place for other stuff....$240 sounds good also.........................................my research landed me on that other site, gee there's some knobs there.
Yeah it seemed to be the best of both worlds.

Have a mate with a mchitch and he had all sorts of dramas recently when his Prado blew up and his swan needed towing:

Having a standard ball and full articulation seemed like a win win

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's the one that's standard on the Golf and we're impressed so far!

Much greater articulation and it handles the potholes and dirt road undulations well!

We've used Tregg hitches and the standard Jayco ball hitch in the past but this is much better!

The Ark Jockey wheel is also much better....all the problems we've had in the past with not being able to raise or lower beyond a vey limited range ....now all good. I'm not sure if it's new on the market or if I haven't noticed but I'm impressed.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Very similar to the Hy-land hitch

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Given the hyland is no longer around handy maybe although I always wonder a little about there quality. There wheel bearing kits used to be the biggest load of rubbish. Guess all companies got start somewhere?

Reactions: Bushman and Drover