Laneway's Ranger

Laneway

Jan 4, 2017
Leinster, WA
@Laneway nice Ranger! I'm interested about your UltraGauge setup, in particular the trans temp. I have a 2012 BT50 3.2L auto and was wondering if the code will work for my car too.
Precise Auto sells these units and might consider getting one (MX1.3 instead of Em plus right?). BTW, how did you get your tyre pressure indications? Did it come with TPS or did you have to purchase these separate? Thanks in advance
Cheers
Eddii
Sorry for the late reply...been away and busy. I am honestly not too sure if the same codes will work with the older BT as i obtained my codes from a gent that has done alot of this work for the PX2 rangers. But im sure with a bit of hunting you will find a code to input on the UltraGauge for your rig.
The TPMS was already on the Ranger as standard (they just alert you when your pressure gets too low) and by adding in them specific figures n the UltraGauge I can get a real time read out of each tyre. And I think the EM is a bluetooth one to your phone(could be wrong)....hence why i chose the MX1.3

Reactions: Eddii

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Gyday @Laneway ,
Any chance you could let me know what codes you entered into your ultra gauge?
Got mine today. I plugged it in quickly tonight but looks like I'll have to do my homework before I have it set up with the info I want displayed.
Cheers if ya can !!

Reactions: Laneway

Laneway

Jan 4, 2017
Leinster, WA
What sort of fuel economy are you get now with and without the van?
Without van I'm getting around 13-14 l/100
With van I'm getting anywhere between 19-23 l/100 and thats in 5th gear over 100kph. So if i wasnt in such a rush on trips i guess i could save some $$$ there but yeah...... :bored:
The thing i noticed being so high now is whenever there is a head or heavy cross winds the fuel jump is quite noticeable (as it is with most). And the full height SC is well.....full height haha

Still have a wobble and vibration in drive shaft after the lift so am working on rectifying that by process of elimination, so that may save me a little fuel using down the line i would say.

Reactions: bloke and bigcol

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
@Laneway re your vibration there is a lot of good info on the newranger forum re this. Looks like the px2 may be more prone to this. Mine never had an issue after the lift so I never looked into it. I do remember talking to the guys who did the job about this and they were aware of the issue and said they would be checking for any vibration before I pick it up. I believe it was just spacing out the driveshaft so it doesn't sit at the wrong angle after a lift.

Fuel consumption seems a little high, mine jumped from around 9 to 11s on average not towing after doing a few mods, lift, tyres, canopy etc but 13-14 surprises me. I'm assuming that's measuring at the pump and not trusting the dash. Anyway love the Rangers, I'm just two years in but will be keeping mine 10 years plus,first time I've ever wanted to keep a car more then a few years.

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Without van I'm getting around 13-14 l/100
With van I'm getting anywhere between 19-23 l/100 and thats in 5th gear over 100kph. So if i wasnt in such a rush on trips i guess i could save some $$$ there but yeah...... :bored:
The thing i noticed being so high now is whenever there is a head or heavy cross winds the fuel jump is quite noticeable (as it is with most). And the full height SC is well.....full height haha

Still have a wobble and vibration in drive shaft after the lift so am working on rectifying that by process of elimination, so that may save me a little fuel using down the line i would say.
Thanks for that, interesting.
I have a relatively stock Ranger and get around 10L per hundred around town, and around 17L per hundred towing our 17.58.3 outback. That is while sitting on around 95kmh. Had a triton previously, all decked out with lift, AT tyres etc, and it was about 15 - 16 per hundred while towing. I thought the ranger (especially stock) would have been better!

Reactions: Laneway

Laneway

Jan 4, 2017
Leinster, WA
@JT76 yeah i have the spacer kit and have it installed, but trying to get the correct spacing is the hard past for me. I actually got ub=nder there and it looks as if the bracket that hangs the centre bearing is not central from front of drive shaft to rear diff o_O. Anyways that will be this weeks mission to nut that out. And yes that is doing the manual calc on the fuel......@bloke i thought the fuel would have been better too?
Yep, nice to have a new car so this will be a family rig for a fair few years to come.....teething problems is what i'll call these though.

Reactions: JT76 and bigcol