Landcruiser 200 GX

Tay

Nov 16, 2017
Victoria
Love the barn doors on the LC 200 GX. But I need the third row seats. Is there any way to get a 8 seater LC GX? Thanks.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Hello Tay

Do not think so, I have the MY16 LC200 GX with Barn Doors and really like them, especially with the "Drifta" draw setup.

The GX is sold with Barn Doors as a 5 seater and has a lower tare weight than the other models of LC200 and is registered as a 5 seater (in NSW). I think you need to spend a lot of $ to get the luxury model LC200 to get eight seats, but unfortunately no barn doors.

You might find an after market conversion, but I think it would cost serious $ to fit extra seats (or change rear doors), plus engineering certificate and a "blue slip" for rego. I am fairly sure Toyota do not make an 8 seater with barn doors in their standard models, maybe a special order from Toytoa, but I am sure that would cost many $.

Sorry cannot be more helpful, but good luck.

Regards
Terry

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Tay

Nov 16, 2017
Victoria
Hello Tay

Do not think so, I have the MY16 LC200 GX with Barn Doors and really like them, especially with the "Drifta" draw setup.

The GX is sold with Barn Doors as a 5 seater and has a lower tare weight than the other models of LC200 and is registered as a 5 seater (in NSW). I think you need to spend a lot of $ to get the luxury model LC200 to get eight seats, but unfortunately no barn doors.

You might find an after market conversion, but I think it would cost serious $ to fit extra seats (or change rear doors), plus engineering certificate and a "blue slip" for rego. I am fairly sure Toyota do not make an 8 seater with barn doors in their standard models, maybe a special order from Toytoa, but I am sure that would cost many $.

Sorry cannot be more helpful, but good luck.

Regards
Terry

Thanks for your reply. Im sad to hear that. I really like the barn doors. What do you mean by "Drifta" draw setup?

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Drifta is an Australian Company based in Gloucester NSW which make draws for 4WDs.

https://www.drifta.com.au/4wd-drawers/

Abut a year ago we got them to fit a set draws, ½ cargo barrier and fridge slide, we have used the draws a lot and the set up works well with barn doors. They fitted the draws while we camped on their grass footpath for a a couple of hours, great service and nice product.

See photo on our thread on this forum
http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/new-landcrusier-gx-200.9076/page-3

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover and bigcol