Koala Shores Big4, Lemon Tree Passage

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
Hey Panda's,

I've not been online for a while, too busy with work. Anycase. Family and I got away this weekend to Lemon Tree Passage, BIG4 Koala Shores.

Wonderful little hidden gem, ensuite site backing onto forrest and great water views with great parkland with loads of green grass opposite site. Ammenties & things to do for the kids was as expected for a BIG4.
What sets this little park apart from others, again is simply location! Lemon Tree is a gem. Welcoming and friendly hosts and tranquil in it's setting.

Will defintely be heading back soon!

Reactions: jvp and CJ1177

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
We're heading there over the october long weekend!!! It's a good little spot - mixed reports on the owners over the years but it sounds like it's back to its best.

It's a very nice park and have ventured there for the last 10 years plus September/October school holidays.
Unfortunately along with the new owners came a new price schedule and after 10 years we along with family and friends we made going there have decided to move on!

Pros: Nice Park allover, Friendly staff, good location, waterfront location, Wildlife, nice pool and coffee shop, lots to do for the kids.

Cons: Extravagant Price, If you don't have an ensuite its a fair hike to the toilets, Not disabled friendly, Wildlife (ticks), it only has to look like rain and it can get boggy in the camp area.

Reactions: natbas and Burnsy

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
I've been there a number of times, and each time we have stayed there its always been enjoyable. The most memorable time was the last time over ANZAC day some years ago, the only clear weather we had over the week we were their was the first day. Every single day there after it was pissing down with rain. We had rivers of water flowing across the annex. The entire park was full of water. It was so bad that the owner of the park came to check on us wearing a wetsuit, flippers and snorkel to make sure we were alright!!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Funny how people can have different experiences at the same park, agree with boggy sites but don't agree with the management.....I think the blokes an idiot...and I'm easy going but I won't go there! Tell me, when he talks to you does he get right in your face?? Something I can't stand!! :boxing-25:

Reactions: jvp and natbas

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
At Koala Shores now. We are on the water with nice views. It's our first night so I'm not sure on the management as yet, although I do agree with the toilets/ shower being too far away, especially with young kids. If I was to compare with other big four parks I have visited, it seems a bit plain, we will see over the next few days.

Reactions: LUK77Y

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Day 2 at Koala Shores. Started of as a lovely day, not a cloud in the sky, then the wind started. Blew off both awnings, poles scratched the passenger side of the territory and misses going off lol. Went for a drive to Fingal Bay to get the kids out and about and found some lovely beaches and parks.