17' Series Just Ordered

Slim

Feb 28, 2018
Trafalgar
Gday All,
Been reading the all the threads for a while now & thought it was about time I registered & made contact.
Just ordered new 17.56.1 Outback Expanda from the Melbourne camping show.
Been looking for a while & am upgrading from an Outback Birdsville soft floor Camper Trailer.
It’ll be for myself, wife & 2 kids (4 & 3).
Really looking forward to it.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome @Slim, good choice of models. Feel free to pick the brains of our members, they are a very helpful lot and join in (or ignore) :boink: the friendly banter that goes on sometimes. Don't forget to post pics when the new toy arrives.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Welcome to the forum and the panda club @Slim

We are all more than happy to help you lighten your wallet with must have mods.

You’ll love the Expanda after a camper.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
:cheerful: Glad you can join this mob, lots of good ideas but you may come up short picking brains, sometimes they are a bit short.....;) .............you will certainly wonder why it took so long to upgrade and with 2 rugrats life camping will be so much easier especially for the set up ........ used to watch one of my lot setting up his Swan with 2 at that age most entertaining as I sat back and watched from under my awning ........................ :couch2:

Slim

Feb 28, 2018
Trafalgar
Extras we wanted are
Tv & Aerial (for the kids if it is bucketing down), extended A frame, shower external, table external, extra water tank, J control display panel, ESC & reversing camera.
Getting other stuff later after we shop around like Awning walls, bbq, off-road coupling, jerry can holder (if I need), storm covers.
Got a 3-4 month wait so plenty of time before it arrives. (It’s going to drag).

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Make sure they are fitting a winegard snow flake TV aerial, most of the others won't pick up the 2 types of transmissions unless you are very close........at hand over make sure everything works, taps, hws, pumps , open cupboards , check solar, run up the works before you take it, only do a morning pick up as you need a few hours, don't take their word on anything, promises must be in writing, if something is not right don't fall for the fix at first service BS, tell them to get it fixed then you will accept delivery, then it might be fixed and you can enjoy your first trip.....and check the wheel nuts yourself before you hook up.... You pay big $$$$$ for these things and should expect it to all work first time, ignore the excuses you hold the cards.....mention this site, they know us.

Reactions: Jack Lucy & Josh

EASTY

Apr 25, 2018
Gold Coast
Hi Slim, mate by now you should have your new van... this is my first post and we also just picked up our 17.56-2 OB this week. I have been reading a few of these threads and am very excited to get the wife and 3 kids out and about, first trip is this coming long weekend to Noosa.
Enjoy the expanda and the caravanning lifestyle that comes with it ;)

Easty