just getting started

tonyb

Nov 5, 2012
Greensborough, Victoria
Hi guys,
new to this forum. We just brought an Expanda 18.57. ?????? love it. Pics to follow once we pick her up in 2 weeks. We have a Jayco Eagle (for sale) and have been camping for years but never really made the effort to get away other than the main holidays. I was recently diagnosed with cancer and decided we should really enjoy ourselves whether we have 3 years or 30. So refinced the house and organised long service leave for next year. We pick up the new baby in 2 weeks and will put pics up then. Look forward to chatting with you guys, and ladies, about your and our adventures.
Cheers
TonyB

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi tonyb, welcome mate and congrats on your new van. Does it have beds at back that fold out or not? looking forward to your pics. Sorry to hear of your health issue and wish you well, good attitude though, we all need to enjoy life and live it to the fullest. I'm sure you'll have many happy years in your new van! :) lots of mods and info on here and nice friendly people too!

Cheers.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:welcome:Welcome aboard TonyB just wait till you get out there in your NEW Expanda toy , youll forget about everything enjoy and dont forget the fotos ....

cheers Russell

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome TonyB. Two weeks to go before life starts all over again!!
Not sure yet what van you have but at least the state you come from is the correct answer.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: Tony,There is plenty of other 18's on here to help you pass the time and 2 weeks left is perfect timing for the good weather :thumb:

tonyb

Nov 5, 2012
Greensborough, Victoria
thanks Burnsy
SO looking forward to getting away in the van. She is a 2006 model with front and rear beds, shower, toilet, 150 lt fridge, 2 x tv's Roof aircon, list goes on and on. We are so happy. Brought her from Supreme caravans in Craigiburn, in Melbourne. Look forward to seeing you out there, what type of tow car do you have, van size etc?
cheers
T

tonyb

Nov 5, 2012
Greensborough, Victoria
thanks Brad,
we are so looking forward to getting out and about. The van is a 2006 model with beds both ends, shower toilet, 150 lt fridge, Aircon, external shower added, roller awning with zip on annex.
We drive a Pajero 2004 model with 3.8 lt 4 x 4 with a towing capacity of 2.5
cheers
T

tonyb

Nov 5, 2012
Greensborough, Victoria
cruza driver, thanks
We are driving a 2004 Pajero Exceed, so I don't expect too many towing issues. Never towed anything this size before. We brought the van from Supreme vans up in Craigiburn and they said they will set the van and the car up for the best tow. Any advice would be REALLY appeciated.
cheers
T

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
thanks Burnsy
SO looking forward to getting away in the van. She is a 2006 model with front and rear beds, shower, toilet, 150 lt fridge, 2 x tv's Roof aircon, list goes on and on. We are so happy. Brought her from Supreme caravans in Craigiburn, in Melbourne. Look forward to seeing you out there, what type of tow car do you have, van size etc?
cheers
T

Hi mate, it sounds like one of my mates vans, im sure it's really nice, hope the 2 weeks doesn't drag on too much for you.
I have a 2012 18-57-6 and tow with a 2010 diesel Pajero, I see you have good taste in 4B's also :thumb:

Cheers.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome aboard Tony, sounds like a nice van. Two weeks and you can get out and enjoy a run up to the sunshine state :laugh: or anywhere else that takes your fancy. Don't forget the pictures.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hi Tony, Enjoy your van, I'm sure it will be a bit different than towing your existing Jayco, take it easy and you will be right. I think our next one will be an 18 with a shower.

Cheers Geoff

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome TonyB. I certain your new 18 will be a real tonic for you. There's also plenty of simple mods to make your life even easier. Check out the albums (including mine) of members with 18's for some original and borrowed ideas and don't hesitate to ask questions.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
TonyB,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this a very useful resource as we have. Congrats on the 18! lots of space and places to play with Mods :D