Jeep Grand Cherokee

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
IMG_0599.jpg IMG_0602.jpg IMG_0603.jpg IMG_0606.jpg

With our new Expanda due to arrive in early October we have been busy researching tow vehicles. After much research we decided upon a MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Limited, which we picked up yesterday.

However, it wasn't without some drama. When we went in to pick it up earlier in the week, we arrived at the dealership to find our car waiting, but it was the wrong colour! Apparently the salesman had put the wrong colour on the order and not noticed until it was ready for delivery. Anyway, to his credit he readily admitted his mistake and promised to rectify as the dealership had the same model (in the correct colour) in the yard. As a silver lining this car had the optional Quadra-Lift air suspension which was included as a free upgrade for us. As a bonus it now means we can lower the car to park and open the tailgate inside our garage. At the normal ride height the garage roof is about 1/2 inch too low.

I've included some pics.
Cheers
Patto

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Well done Patto.
They are a cracking tow vehicle. Yours with the 8 speed will have no dramas either, very economical to boot!!

Bonus with the QL too, that's several thou right there..

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Wow!! You did real well!! Congratulations on becoming another Jeep Grand Cherokee owner. I absolutely love mine. Goes like a sports car and very economical.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Well done Patto.
They are a cracking tow vehicle. Yours with the 8 speed will have no dramas either, very economical to boot!!

Bonus with the QL too, that's several thou right there..
Thanks @Matty4 do you use a WDH? If you do, how does it go with the QL suspension?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Welcome Patto. Nice score with the QL that's a 2.5k freebie. I hope when I pick up my Laredo they stuff up and only have an Overland.
Jeeps are taking over...:rockon:

Reactions: SilverFox

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
While waiting for the new van to arrive I took the Jeep to Straddie over the last few days. (MY14 Grand Cherokee Laredo QL and QDrive)

Gave it a quick run on Main Beach in the softest sand I've ever driven in. No problem! Jacked it up to 'Offroad 2' height and the underneath of the car came home clean. Unbelievable given the belly dragging I saw of others.

Only a month now until the new Starcraft arrives. Can't wait.

Cheers
Andrew

P1070519.jpg
P1070521.jpg
P1070523.jpg

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Well mine is going in for a 30K service on Wednesday, I am going to get a change over price for an 8 speed, hope it's within my budget, if not doesn't really matter. For the record I don't use a WHD and it tows really well. Love the colour @twscoot and I recon white looks really good also, my current one is black, very black, looks good clean lol