Jayco unveils $8000 caravan...

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
"Jayco is targeting cash-strapped campers..."

If you have $8000 to spend on a trailer and tent, your not really strapped for cash.

The author's comment on potential buyers sums it up...I won't say anymore.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
wonder if we can get in Outback version...

I love the fact it's ATM is 749kg. They recognised that they don't need any more than 1kg leeway - everyone will know exactly when to stop loading stuff in it. To help that, they even made it so the spare tyre has to take up room on the bed so you can pack less in there... :)

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I'm with Straydingo on this one. But I like to see it set up and put down first. That was the main reason I bought Swifty instead of a camper trailer. I gotta do it on my own. If it was in an outback. Dies it have a kitchen? And what about storage space. I want to see that.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I think the storage space is exactly what you see - everything on the bed, and the small boot area at the front.
But the tyre is sitting on the ground in display mode, and doesn't look like it fit in the boot, which means rattling round in the main area.... ??
The comment about Outback was tongue in cheek - if they had an outback version it would take it over the ATM of 749kg, meaning brakes. thus defeating the purpose.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Cub Camper $17000 two years ago. It is a hard floor. I looked at camper trailers then. That's why I bought Swifty. Swiftly was 17000 drive away no more to pay. Sleeps 5. Has built in fridge and stove. With the Cub I would have buy the fridge and stove and extra bedding. I couldn't justify that extra expense.
The J-pod is 8000. That's a huge difference. I don't mind spending the extra to fit it out. Especially now as it is usually just me and Tim. But I want to see one set up and packed up.