Swan Jayco Swan Outback- Bed flex

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Hi,

have recently picked up our Jayco Swan outback and was looking everything over and checking things out. Hubby asked me to try the bed out so I hopped on and rolled over as I got to the other side he was telling me to hop off as he could see the ply wood flexing underneath. It has us very worried now as we are both on the larger side and we are thinking that we may not be able to sleep in the bed together. We know the beds are rated to 350kg and let me tell you we are no were near that weight.... but it has us very worried! If you have had this concern or have modified your camper in anyway for this reason could you please help us. Otherwise we think we may have just wasted alot of $$$$$$.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
JOBSWAN, Welcome to the forum.me being a previous swan owner I too had this thought with our 04 model.what I did was go to bunnings and got small couch bolt and drilled thru wood replacing existing thread screw to be sure the end bracket wouldn't sheer off. be sure to get bolts that will clear the body as interfere when slide beds back in. give us a.hoy if you any more info,we were very fond and moded our.swan to suit our camping needs before we went luxury.cheers pace.

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
I had a hawk for 7 years, never once looked underneath the bed ends while someone was laying on them. Caught the kids using them as a trampoline plenty of times when they thought I was haveing a shower. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lizard

Reactions: Leechy

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
we made a piece up that sat on the gas cylinder and in the middle of the bed as we didnt feel safe either. we had the 2008 jayco swan we found this stopped a lot of the flexing. it was just like a large i and i mad it out of timber it just slotted in when the bed was fully extended