20' Series Jayco Servicing Options

Wombat6

Aug 27, 2016
Melbourne
So late last year we bought a new Expanda 20.64. We love it and have taken it on quite a few trips so far. So when I finally got around to booking in my first service with the dealer in the Melbourne Eastern suburbs I was a little surprised that I couldn't get a booking for several months. However, as nothing was wrong I didn't care. Then when I dropped it off on the Tuesday before Easter I was asked if I needed it back any time soon! Fortunately they had it ready by the end of the next day as we wanted it for an Easter trip. However, now that it has been serviced and we've found that they didn't fix a couple of things properly and that the water pump does not seem to working properly they can't fit us in for a couple of months. The lady I spoke to was not the least bit concerned that the call was about some problems with the service.

So, given that it is still under warantee, what are our options? The next nearest dealer to us is probably an hour away. Can we go to somewhere like Hardings whom I took our old caravan to?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yes.

Jayco have a list of 'accredited repairers' so it's best to find one near you ...just give your chosen one a call to check if they deal directly with jayco. Many do.

lee

Dec 5, 2013
Victoria
I will not take our van back to page Bros service as they rude and very unhelpful , we had a problem with our tap and need it fixed as we were going away in 2 weeks and was told we can't help you till aug so i explained to her that we were going away in 2 week and she replied try another caravan repairer,so I rang ourRV in rosebud and they said bring it in and they will fix it while we wait , it took 30 min to fix it .
big thanks to josh and the boys fantastic service

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I had similar issues with Jayco Sydney.

Months to get in, and things worse after the service than before.

Swapped to RVGO at Terrey Hills, usually only a few weeks wait to get in, and very high quality workmanship.

They did a few warranty items for us, and now it's out of warranty I wouldn't take it anywhere else.

Reactions: bigcol and Johnno48

Wombat6

Aug 27, 2016
Melbourne
On our second shake down trip our caravan had a close encounter with a low hanging branch only a month and a half before our first big trip. We called Bayswater Jayco who said that it would be six weeks before they would be even able to see the caravan to assess the damage. Called CIA who said to contact Melbourne Caravan Repairs in Springvale. He fitted us in a week later and did a patch up repair on the damage on the spot that will suffice until the damaged panels are replaced. I just think that Bayswater Jayco have more than enough work from people who feel (for whatever reason) that they should get an actual Jayco dealer to perform their servicing. They don't seem the least bit interested in customer satisfaction.