Jayco Journey 16.52-3DB OB

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Just picked up my new Jayco Journey 16.52-3DB OB. Very pleased with it except for two things:
1. One draw came out on the way home. Now that was travelling on flat bitumen. I admit it might have popped out when I reversed it up the driveway but I did that very slowly. Subsequently the front of the drawer is now loose and since it was held on by screws that have pulled out I cant tighten it. I have a fix for it so no biggie but what cheeses me off is that the bloody thing wasnt able to be locked in place anyway. The latch doesnt engage with the striker plate so there was no way it was going to stay in. Fix that by adjusting the drawer rails up by about 5mm at the front so now it engages positivly and holds nicely;
2. In the show recess I have some warping on the inner wall right at the base. I havent had a good look with a torch but I'm assuming the shower recess bottom is like a tub and the side wall sits inside this so therefore water cant leak out? Does anyone know if that is correct? Picture below.

Anyway I'm totally happy with the van. We love the look of it and the fit out is, in general, very good.

View media item 354View media item 355

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ooooohhh thats a bugger

was it at your handover you noticed the draw not locking properly
did you tell the guy doing your hand over
if you did, then you can claim a new draw...... under warranty

bugger about the draw

with the shower - again, did you notice it at handover - or when you got home.....
either way - 1st thing Monday AM - ring and report it

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
I didnt noticed the shower until I was down low looking at something else that I noticed it. I'm not overly concerned unless it means its going to leak but I intend to call them Monday.

As for the drawers, we tested every cupboard and draw except... that one or at least I dont recall it being dodgy other wise I would have mentioned it then. Its really easy to fix and I'm not hung up on it. i would be if I brought one of their $100,000 vans. Those suckers would have to be perfect otherwise it would never leave their premises. I guess I'm annoyed given Jayco has probably had this sort of feedback many, many times and yet it continues to happen.

Anyway as I said I'm completely happy with it just wish I didn't have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

ooooohhh thats a bugger

was it at your handover you noticed the draw not locking properly
did you tell the guy doing your hand over
if you did, then you can claim a new draw...... under warranty

bugger about the draw

with the shower - again, did you notice it at handover - or when you got home.....
either way - 1st thing Monday AM - ring and report it

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The usual effort to fix the catch is to put 2 small nuts under the screws to lift the striker plate, a totally shoddy fix as the screws are too short in the first place, I made new plates and fitted.....been a problem for many.many years.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Yeah I did think of that but I simply raised the runners up instead which proved interesting as I could see where someone had a go with the drill several times to try and align the runners up.

The usual effort to fix the catch is to put 2 small nuts under the screws to lift the striker plate, a totally shoddy fix as the screws are too short in the first place, I made new plates and fitted.....been a problem for many.many years.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, its amazing what the work experience get up to when they build your rig.........can you imagine what would happen without QC at Jayco ????

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Yep, its amazing what the work experience get up to when they build your rig.........can you imagine what would happen without QC at Jayco ????

photo.jpg.png

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Well they admit the shower wall could be better so they are going to fix it on the first service so all good. Going away to Busselton in a few weeks and taking the dog so that should be interesting travelling with her for a couple of hours.

Reactions: bigcol