Jayco hot water service.

stuford_351

Apr 1, 2012
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a 1998 jayco westport with a gas hot water system.i am having trouble lighting the pilot. I have gas getting to it and have followed the lighting instructions.the pilot does not seem to be blocked.i have water running to the van.am i missing something. Thanks. Wayne.

fraserL322

Mar 4, 2012
If it uses a pilot light, chances are it needs a new thermocouple (it's the little copper pointy thing that pokes into the flame and once it's hot it allows you to let go of the button and the flame stays on) Does it light then go out when you let go?
They do "wear out" and sometimes you can get a little more life out of them if you bend them slightly deeprt into the flame.

Cheers,

Fraser

stuford_351

Apr 1, 2012
Hi Fraser. Thanks for your reply.I just had a look for the little copper pointy thing and i cant even find that.Maybe thats the problem unless it is a different model. It looks like a factory fitted unit.Wayne.

stuford_351

Apr 1, 2012
Hi Fraser.Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.I found the little copper pointy thing. It wasnt that but the little flaired thingy above it. It had bent a bit out of shape and wasnt aiming at the copper thingy.Straightened it up and of she went. Got a new hairstyle for nothing in the process. Thanks for your help and drive safely.Wayne.