Discovery Jaybirds 16.53-3 Discovery

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
One more sleep, Picking up the new Discovery tomorrow morning from Page Bros. Weather forcast is showers rain high wind hail and thunder.
A good way to start off towing a new van, 4 hours back to Gippsland Lake. on the upside I'll know if it leaks.

Cheers

Terry

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
You must be excited Terry, I still have 5 weeks to wait. Good luck on your return with the weather, in that situation who cares if it takes 5 hours right!

Cheers.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
What a forecast. Good luck with the run home and take care. I like your choice of truck too. :whistle:

Thanks Guys,
Should be a good first trip there's no time limit so just plod along.

Yes Chartrock, its a good truck had it since new and its done 130K with no problems, thinking of putting a oil catch can on it as it weeps a bit of oil just before the turbo and has done it since new so with the towing it will now do it could be a good move.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Picked up the van today from Page Bros in Seaford, all went well, hand over was in pouring rain and hail, all went well and I must say at this point this company was a pleasure to deal with. I dealt with a David McCall their salesman and throughout the deal he kept in constant touch with us updating progress and helping out with all enquiries promptly.Today I was dealing with Andrew their hadover guy who despite trying conditions set up the tow hitch and spent a lot of time making sure we knew how it all worked. On the way home I was asked to checked the wheel nut tension every 100klm's, on the first check I noticed the centre hubcap was missing , must have been loose to start with, on getting home I emailed David to ask if they were available and within minutes an email was returned saying a new one was in the post. Good Service. We towed home in hail thunder and rain, I could tow at 100klm per hour with no problems although 90 was less stressful, the van was steady and just followed along behind us with no hint of misbehaving, so all good so far.
Just as a disclaimer I have no asssociation with Page Bros, I heard their name mentioned on this forum sometime back and just called in to see about a van and received a good deal so purchased and I'm happy.

Cheers
Terry

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
That sounds great.I'm picking mine too from page bros in a couple of weeks. Good too heat their after sale is good too

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Thay have a massive amount of vans in their yard so they must be doing something right.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We also bought our Van from Page Bros and they have been very helpful wen needing advice.

Congrats on the pick up Terry and just in time for the good weather.......hopefully :couch2:

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
For those that are interested, the new van has all LED both inside and out. When I emailed Jayco a couple of months ago regards lighting they replied with only the outside will have LED's so things might have changed recently.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Laughing mate, what a bonus it's about time Jayco got with it! I've already pre ordered my LED's for the new one but allot are MR11, we'll see what we get!

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
It seems that the 2012 Discoveries come with LED lights. Our 17.55-5 we picked up in March has all LED as well and I am sure I read it in the brochure for the 2012 series. In one of our lights, one of the LED's was flickering so it was replaced no questions asked under warranty. They even gave me the defective one in case we wanted to mount it somewhere else. (The flicker wasn't that bad and it didn't do it all the time.)

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Wonder what the go is with all of this some have some have not, Weird!
Maybe because they installed a solar panel etc on mine they went the LED fitout

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
I think Discoveries get LEDs but Expandas don't at the moment. Since there are so many Expanda owners on here they get to do the majority of whinging!!!!!!! We Discovery owners obviously get a much better deal. :tongue1: Let's see how long this takes to get a bite!!!!