14' Series J-Tech Suspension

TheEddies

Nov 28, 2015
The Gap Brisbane
Hi. Once again I am seeking information from the group, this time on the J Tech independent suspension.
Our van has done approx 7200k in its first year. It is going in for its first year service and I was scrabbling around underneath checking things out when I noticed the swing arm bushes/bearings were weeping grease. Is this a normal occurrence or do I have a problem. Photos attached.
DSCN3390.JPG
DSCN3389.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Normal, a little grease like oil will cover a big area, especially in hot weather, actually probably needs a touch up with a grease gun anyway so after the service you should see a bit of grease poking out of the joints, if not then I would ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Rendaz

Nov 15, 2016
Sydney
Hi I have recently tried to grease my suspension and all was good till I got to the last nipple and it would not work. I took the nipple off and cleaned it and it worked, but when I put it back on I tried again and it didn't work. Any one have any idea what could be wrong?

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Hi I have recently tried to grease my suspension and all was good till I got to the last nipple and it would not work. I took the nipple off and cleaned it and it worked, but when I put it back on I tried again and it didn't work. Any one have any idea what could be wrong?

I would get a small screw driver or a cut end of a coat hanger and poke it in and about and try again.

Rendaz

Nov 15, 2016
Sydney
Cheers I've done that already and cleaned it out with brake clean but it doesn't help even new nipples. Will take it for a drive and get some heat in it and try that.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The grease really shouldn't have gone hard but if the grease will go thru the nipple when not attached and you have poked around in the hole I would then loosen the bolt off a bit and try, if it still doesn't work then I would pull the bolt out, depending on sleeve design it may not line up with the groove/hole so that bush has probably been dry forever, should be a greasable pin a better way of doing it.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I found with my greasing, I could not get grease to go in because I could not get the grease gun directly onto the nipple. I bought a set of right angle nipples and fitted them. No more problems

Rendaz

Nov 15, 2016
Sydney
In the end I had to undo the bolt and nut a tad and than I was able to grease it. Im looking to pull it all apart so and give it a clean and see if there is anything else wrong.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Probably did it a good thing loosening it off they aren't supposed to be done up tight,tight.....