Swift It's down.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Here it is now down.
van01.JPGvan02.JPG
These two photos are in the drive way at our house. It took us almost an hour to get it down and packed up. That was mainly coz my wifey is blind and wanted to be involved in erecting the van and dismantling it. We took it real slow.
On the 7th July we will head off for Adelaide. The intention is to take 2 days to get there. That gives us one night on the road with the next day arrving there. We don't plan putting the annexe or fly's up on the road. We will be in Adelaide for a week-ish and will put them up there.
Couple of observations. The door is a night mare to dismantle. Although I suspect it will be better next time.
Sliding the two beds in was "interesting". In fact in the finish I crawled in side and lifted one with my shoulder.
I found it is so important to ensure the canvass is folded correctly otherwise roof doesn't go down properly.
On another matter I am not happy with the hand brake. I don't know what it is supposed to stop. Not much I suspect.
More next time.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Each time you pack it up it will get easier to fold the canvas up to make the roof close as it sort of softens up a bit if that makes sense.
When putting the roof down I use to wind it down halfway then tuck the canvas in then lower it down a bit more and retuck it again and kept doing this till it would close. It never would close 100% so a little help by pushing down on the roof for the last bit is usually requiered. (We had a OB Hawk previously)

Have a good and safe trip mate.