It's Coming!!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
congrats she looks a treat enjoy and I guess you'll be sleeping in her tonight ?

Love it!!!!

And it even has sea legs :)....

The fabric choice and bench top colours look great, we are getting this in our exactly the same so good to see it!!

When's the first trip??

Thanks expanda the 1st real trip is a week n a half away at Easter but we might need to sneak a couple of nights away the weekend after next just because we can we were supposed to get away next weekend but my young bloke is competing in a triathlon (team event with his mates) so we better hang around for that

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Well done Capt Gadget, the 16.49-3 OB are a beautiful van our Amanda the Expanda has the same layout and fabric colour as yours. Yeah I was a bit surprised to see the extension cable hook allowing the cable to hang directly over the HWS that was poor on Jayco's behalf.
Anyways mate congrats on your new baby and I'm sure we will see some great stories and pics of her getting used nicely.

Regards

Thirstyviv(Rob Marama)

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Congrats Gadget, the wait was worth it.

I like your choice of colours. THe power cable issue is just like jayco, they think of an idea, but don't think it through.

Enjoy the new toy, looking forward to more pictures.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Ok here are couple of more pics of the Interior used the SLR this time so the colours are a little more true to life, drilled the first hole in her today (to fit the brackets for the Antenna) and must admit it was scarier putting 6 tek screws in her than drilling a 90mm hole in the side of my old Navara to fit the Snorkel! and I've drilled holes in things just about everyday since I was 15. Tomorrows project is to make a bracket for the TV, a mate has an old TV bracket I can butcher for parts as I have an Idea on how to mount it but can seem to find a bracket anywhere off the shelf. Pics will follow.
001JPG 002.jpgVan inside 003.jpg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I Need to Change the Name of the Thread to "IT'S HERE" an hour and a half in Caravanland learning all about it and having the brake controller fitted and I was on the road and the best bit is looking in that rearview mirror and seeing the Jayco Expanda sign looking right back at ya!
Only little hiccup was no bayonet fitted but thats no biggie I can get me mate the plumber to fit that they even chucked in water & grey water hoses and an extension chord as a sorry
Also when I got it home and set it up on the Front lawn I found that when you plug the power chord in it hangs right over the HWS, bit dumb I thought (see Pic)
View attachment 6745

Now I have to Man up and admit the Missus was rrrr...rrrr.....rrr...right with the colour choice (Geez that was hard) The Dark blue is nearly Black and looks great this pic docent show it to well but I will grab the SLR & Speedlight later and take a proper photo or 10
View attachment 6746
The Dealer confirmed that Expandas now come standard with Innerspring Mattresses and we wouldn't be charged any extra for ours whether this means if you order one now you will pay extra or not I don't know!
View attachment 6747View attachment 6748View attachment 6749View attachment 6750View attachment 6751

Behaved myself at the Jayco Toy Shop Bought a 100 AH battery $270 was as good a price as I have seen and some ramps/ chocks for $52 was fair too

Oh well better get back to playing in it now

Jayco certainly do things in a haphazard manner - our 16.49-3OB has the hook for the power cord on the left as you look at the van, so that the cord does NOT hang over the heater flue! In other words it is located where it should be......

Cheers

Bill