Ist Van

Lensim

Nov 24, 2017
Coffs Harbour
Hey Guys
Just ordered a 17.58-3 starcraft for March delivery and cannot wait. Have been sniffing around this forum for a while and it certainly helped with our decision. Initially were looking at an expanda, but coming from a soft floor camper trailer the misses wanted no more canvas! (fair enough). Will be towing with a dual cab colorado and free camps/national parks.
Once again thanks for sharing all your experience/knowledge.

Starcraft 17.58-3
Fibreglass walls
TV/Ariel
Bike rack
Fridge upgrade
Roof air con
Picnic Table
Control panel
Stereo

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the Mob, great choice of vehicle and from a great area..............................I would just drive up to Red Rock and save heaps of fuel actually..................................................Don't go out buying heaps of stuff you think you will need, wait till you actually see what you require and don't forget to make sure all details on your van is in writing, don't trust the salesman when he says she'll be right, get it in writing.

Take your time going over everything in your van at pick up, ask for an early morning collection, have them run the fridge up, cook some water in HWS and turn all taps on, check wheel nuts and look underneath to make sure the plumbing isn't hanging down.

Lensim

Nov 24, 2017
Coffs Harbour
Welcome to the Mob, great choice of vehicle and from a great area..............................I would just drive up to Red Rock and save heaps of fuel actually..................................................Don't go out buying heaps of stuff you think you will need, wait till you actually see what you require and don't forget to make sure all details on your van is in writing, don't trust the salesman when he says she'll be right, get it in writing.

Take your time going over everything in your van at pick up, ask for an early morning collection, have them run the fridge up, cook some water in HWS and turn all taps on, check wheel nuts and look underneath to make sure the plumbing isn't hanging down.

Thanks for the tips. Red Rock is nice, but we were thinking of Sandon so i can feed the fish:D

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
aawwhhh, fish feeding a pastime I quite excel at, be it fresh or salt water........

You getting it from Watson's ???????? Best location for a van dealer I reckon, Bunnings, BCF all the good places very handy..........even if it is NSW.........mind poor position for Dan Murphys at Coffs.

8 posts and nearly went off topic......

Reactions: bigcol

Lensim

Nov 24, 2017
Coffs Harbour
aawwhhh, fish feeding a pastime I quite excel at, be it fresh or salt water........

You getting it from Watson's ???????? Best location for a van dealer I reckon, Bunnings, BCF all the good places very handy..........even if it is NSW.........mind poor position for Dan Murphys at Coffs.

8 posts and nearly went off topic......

Yeah, from Watson's
Hmmmm...... BCF/Bunnings, im torn between which is my favourite store;)

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
20 odd days will be driving past watsons carnt wait hope i can fit all my stuff i will be the prado with sparks comming off the tow hitch if i still have a tow ball by the time we get there and ive spent far too much time in bunnings byeing stuff i allready got but carnt find it in my shed

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Yeah, from Watson's
Hmmmm...... BCF/Bunnings, im torn between which is my favourite store;)

Welcome mate.

To your post why not both. I'm at both all the time now. Men only need 3 shop........ Bunnings, BCF and Dan's
I'll be in South West Rocks first week of FEB. I think I'll have to add Red Rock to places I like to go now.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey guys
Just an update. Due to pick up out new van this Thursday. Can't wait and will post some pictures of I remember. Anything I need to know for the hand over process?
Enjoy the process and take in as much as you can absorb, but don't stress about it. The shake down will be the test for you, so plan it as soon as possible and use everything you can.

If you can organise a shake down immediately its best to do so. Dont sweat the little things, but if find any big ticket issues don't fall for the warranty wait list BS 3 months down the track, if the van is delivered broken it's not warranty, it's "fix it right now"

Otherwise just enjoy the process, it's a great feeling buying your first caravan and Jaycos warranty is very impressive

Lensim

Nov 24, 2017
Coffs Harbour
We got it! :):):)

Attachments

• IMG20180315111046.jpg
    IMG20180315111046.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG20180315111114.jpg
    IMG20180315111114.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 318