Is it November yet....

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
Gday all,

It all started when I went to my local caravan dealer in Mandurah to buy a $4.00 plastic bed end retainer. I had a look at the new vans and thought I'd take the brochure to the financial adviser (wife Linda). Have had the 05 OB hawk for 3 years and love it, but having to set/ pack up, made camping a choir at times. Went for a drive to Perth to see what vans were out there and came across a 08 OB expanda for $48K. Fell in love but wanted to know what a new one was worth and glad I looked into it, extra 6K but the peace of mind made it a no brainer.

18.57.9 OB expander on order with the following

Wind up aerial. No TV
Dual 100 A/H battery with twin anderson plug (one for the car and one for the solar panel I already have)
OB model
Draw bar extension
Upgrade the fridge size
Privacy ends
CD with internal and external speakers
Drop down external table
Thrid 82L tank
Tank and battery sensors panel
A/C, coleman slimline
Rhombus black both cushions and seats, bamboo floor, greige tops
Fron and rear gas bayonnets
Solid RHS rear bar
External shower

Like to thank the forum members and admin for such a great wealth of knowledge and can't wait till November.

Cheers Ben

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Know the feeling Ben..............ordered ours in mid-June and due mid-November!

Also going from a Camper Trailer ('09 Eagle) to a 17.56-2. Minister for war and finance (Wife - all stand!) likes the idea of toilet/shower and two dining areas to separate the warring factions (Teenage girl and nearly teenage boy). Personally I thought thats what annexes and tents were for but what do I know!

I'm booked on a factory tour 22 Sep unless work interfere! Looking forward to that!

Less than 100 sleeps now but who's counting...............well me actually!

Like the van you have ordered but the price and new/more capable 4WD was too much at this stage.

Good luck.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi Ben,

Same here................ Delivery due Mid November...........Can't come quick enough!

Lets hope Jayco get it all together on time...... Seems to be a lot of us with due dates in November..

Paul

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day Ben and welcome to the forum mate.

There's getting to be a few more 18.57's on here lately which is great to see :rockon: A great intro to mate!
I guess in November it will be a race to see who gets there new Expanda 1st :p

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
CD, u r not wrong maybe we will all bump into eachother on delivery day ? Lol!
PMK, u r not wrong mate. Waiting games for boys big toys has to suck ay ? Lol !

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Welcome to the forum Ben.
Our 18.57-8 is going to be early to mid November as well.........waiting......waiting....waiting....LOL

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
The only problem I have now is saving the extra dollars due to all the brilliant ideas for modifications that I have attained by this friendly bunch. Some other forums shoot you down for even asking questions, I am now a "expandasdownunder" addict.

Cheers Ben

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
Your New Expanda 002.jpgYour New Expanda 012.jpgYour New Expanda 013.jpgYour New Expanda 014.jpgYour New Expanda 015.jpgYour New Expanda 016.jpgYour New Expanda 017.jpgYour New Expanda 018.jpgYour New Expanda 019.jpgYour New Expanda 020.jpgYour New Expanda 011.jpgYour New Expanda 010.jpgYour New Expanda 001.jpgYour New Expanda 022.jpgYour New Expanda 003.jpgYour New Expanda 004.jpgYour New Expanda 005.jpgYour New Expanda 006.jpgYour New Expanda 007.jpgYour New Expanda 008.jpgYour New Expanda 009.jpgYour New Expanda 021.jpgShe is finally ready for pickup, the only bad thing is I'm stuck at work till the 5th of Jan.

Ben

Aug 22, 2011
Mandurah, WA
Cheers Moto. I may have missed christmas (stuck on a oil rig in the china sea doing 4 on and 4 off) but have one hell of a present waiting for me when I get home. Was going to get my missus to go up with her dad to pick it up but changed my mind and will pick her up when I get home.