Discovery Is corner bed OK

ytt105

May 3, 2015
Canberra
We're looking at buying a 17-55-5 SH which has the bed in the corner and the shower/toilet next to it.

We currently have a Paramount Duet, its like an Expanda, and the fold out bed is getting a bit much for 2 aging bodies.

Many people, us included, say that the bed will be hard to make, will be too small for me, 6' tall, and will still require the 'wall sleeper' to climb over the 'edge sleeper'.

But, I've never hear any comments from people WHO ACTUALLY use this layout.

If you have this layout, what do you think of it?

Regards
Trev

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi and welcome to this awesum forum.

We have that model (bought from Jayco Canberra) and sure theres drawbacks with the corner bed, but u adjust to them.
We have developed the following sleeping arrangement:
- Shortest person sleeps nearest shower/toilet, coz of the angled side of bed
- easier to get round em for the early morning comfort break, (that toilet is a must have).
- im 5'9" and sure if im stretched straight out my feet are at end of bed, but usually people dont sleep this way, rather curled abit
- no worries making bed coz the missus does it, just tuck top sheet down between mattress and wall and throw doona on.
- mattress sheet fitting, just move mattress out from wall a bit and fit sheet over it.

we're very happy with this model

cheers

ytt105

May 3, 2015
Canberra
Thanks for the info Bonners, but your comment about making the bed has got me in trouble.

Before I could stop myself, I said, "it must be easy, even a women can do it".

Silly me.

Reactions: Bonners

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Gyday,
We have this layout (love it works really well for our family of four) and find the offside bed fine . My wife is usually in bed before me and sleeps on the window side but can access the bed from the end if i am too much of a mountain to climb. I'm 6' and don't really notice the angled bed, I sleep a lot better in this than our old van with island bed .

Reactions: Journey and Bonners