14' Series Interior panel finish - where to buy it and what is it.

May 1, 2017
Hobart
Question. I have a 2012 14.44.4 pop top and I want to touch up a couple of scuffs, very minor that most people won't see. however I am a but OCD. my interior is the light pine colour. where do I get replacement laminex or what ever the material is, have heard it could be paper, to touch up and replace a few bits.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Jayco panel is veneered ply in either 9mm or 12mm. The decorative surface is a paper based very thin and very fragile "film" which is bonded to the ply in the manufacturing process. The film isnt able to be applied by hand. The only way to completely remove scratches is to replace the entire panel. Depending on how bad the scratches are, furniture polish may do the job, one of you kids colored pencils ground up and worked into the scratch or an industry colored repair crayon from somewhere like Carbatec in Melb (they do mail order)

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Jayco panel is veneered ply in either 9mm or 12mm. The decorative surface is a paper based very thin and very fragile "film" which is bonded to the ply in the manufacturing process. The film isnt able to be applied by hand. The only way to completely remove scratches is to replace the entire panel. Depending on how bad the scratches are, furniture polish may do the job, one of you kids colored pencils ground up and worked into the scratch or an industry colored repair crayon from somewhere like Carbatec in Melb (they do mail order)
Can sheets of ply be purchased in Jayco colours?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Can sheets of ply be purchased in Jayco colours?
Yup. Original colored 2400x1200 9mm and 12mm decorative ply sheets are available from Jayco for repairs etc, and are able to be ordered through the dealers; somewhere around $100 per sheet. You can also buy 2mtr lengths of shelving front edge molding, and the universal corner brackets used to assemble the cabinetry

Last edited: