Exterior How to revitalise old stickers?

Cookie

Jul 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hi everybody, long time reader first time poster....

So I have recently picked up a 2009 expanda which is now in great condition after replacing some plastics, rubbers and giving is a good clean. However the decals/stickers look faded and have blotchy oil stain like marks on them.

Has anyone had any success in getting old stickers looking new through cut and polish or some other treatment?

Alternatively can i but new stickers of the exact same style?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well don't use cut and polish or any type of abrasive as you will remove the print. In fact certain car washes will not to mention a polish buffer.

You can buy new decals, sometimes you can find them on Ebay they can be a bit pricey elsewhere and you need to know what your doing to mount them.
If they are all daggy, remove them , a hair dryer or heat gun helps then polish it up may look better without them ????

Reactions: Cookie

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I tried to clean them up on my 2009 16.49.1OB, but to be honest I think the Jayco stickers seem to be pretty average quality. My 2009 Navara decals stood the test of time .... no so for the Jayco decals

You can get replacements direct from Jayco (or a dealer), I did have the price list somewhere, but the cost of the them was pretty "impressive" .... so I found it cheaper to buy a new van.

You could also replace them with the cheaper generic Jayco decals from eBay, especially the single color ones and only buy the coloured ones from Jayco. Ill have a look for the price list.

I have a vinyl machine (well, Im storing my sons) ... the expert advice is spray a light soaping water solution onto the surface, slide the decal around until your happy with the position, squeegee with a credit card and leave to dry.

Reactions: Cookie

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Hi Cookie,

Depending on how bad they are you can try lightly rubbing them with an Ultra fine finishing polish. Worked on my 2010 model before I sold it. Worth a try before you go to the trouble of removing and replacing the old ones.