Exterior How to change a light bulb...lol

Caledapho

Dec 27, 2012
Hi fellow Panda owners.
Sounds like a dumb question, or a joke, but it is a legit question.
I am trying to replace the blown globe in the outside light on my 2008 16ft Panda. I have had the van for about 3 years, but this is my first time replacing this globe. I removed the screws and nothing has budged! The whole unit appears to be silicone-sealed to the wall of the van, so I dont really want to remove that, unless absolutely necessary. And I dont really want to put too much pressure on the 7yr old plastic cover.
So I was just wondering if any of you have changed this globe before, and if the unit comes apart for globe replacement? Or do I need to take the whole unit off the wall to get to the globe?
(I also noticed, while fiddling with it, that a small trickle of water came from the unit...maybe why the globe blew in the first place, and maybe why the previous owner got his silicone out??)
Much appreciated :)

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
There has been another thread on the site that I used to change mine and put in an LED at the same time. Try and find that thread as my memory is rusty.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
are you referring to the door light or main wall annex light. Being an 08, if it is the type of light I think it is the main wall light cover should just pop of by squeezing gently on top and bottom, no screws involved, if its the door/step light would should be able to just pop the cover out using small screw driver under the bottom edge

Caledapho

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks so much for all the helpful replies guys :adoration:

Alan, I did a search using the 3 words; exterior light globe; under How To's/etc. But I got "No Results"?? So I just figured that others didnt need to ask such ...um...'uninformed' questions :confused:

Bushman, yes the main exterior wall light. Its very similar to Boots pics, with the two parts, but more oval shaped with an extra clear section in the middle of the top part. Id say its the model before his perhaps!?

Boots33, Wow, it really is the fiddly task it appeared to be! I thought I was missing something simple. Who would of thought changing a light bulb would be a serious four step process...thanks Jayco, lol! :dread:
Thanks heaps boots. I will have a crack at it tomoz. Cheers :wave:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We had an earlier Expanda and your right to be concerned with brittle plastic. Have you had a look on the coast. To coast or caravn plus web site for the light as a spare? Which might give some indication to disassemily too? Plus I find it helps to know if I can get a replacement before I go breaking it.