Interior How to change a globe

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Should be simple but haven't figured it out yet. Any tips on how to remove the globe from the light shown? Do I have to remove the four screws securing the fixture or is there a simpler method?
Thanks in advance.
PS. The globe is a halogen one; I intend to replace with a LED equivalent.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thinking, thinking...................I did one, it was a pain, I think I removed the whole thing and you could get at it from the back, not certain but I think something required the old twist to open sort of thing.............sorry can't be more precise.

Jags73

Mar 25, 2016
Angle Vale SA
I tried pulling one apart, end up nearly breaking it, remove the whole unit & there is 2 screws in the back to hold the globe in place, still couldn't get the globe out.
So I replaced the 2 complete units with nice LED flexible ones, much happier with the decision.8-)

Reactions: bigcol

Jags73

Mar 25, 2016
Angle Vale SA
Got the better of me, you have to remove the front rim, tilt it one way & force the clip.
Probably still have to remove the 2 screws from the rear to release the globe & reflector.

Now that I've done that, it's time to research the LED assy replacement as the ceramic in the globe is now broken , may use it for something else.

DSCN0435.JPG

Last edited:

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Got the better of me, you have to remove the front rim, tilt it one way & force the clip.
Probably still have to remove the 2 screws from the rear to release the globe & reflector.

Now that I've done that, it's time to research the LED assy replacement as the ceramic in the globe is now broken , may use it for something else.

View attachment 41348
@Jags73 you're a legend. Thanks for the info. I'll try it out. Are you after a replacement globe but a LED type? I previously found a small size LED globe on eBay that I think should fit. If that's the part you're looking for, I'll send you a link.

Jags73

Mar 25, 2016
Angle Vale SA
Found it. MR11/GU4 24*Leds 3528 SMD LED Spot Light Bulb White Lamp 1.5W 12V High Power. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MR11-GU4...ower-/321597521516?hash=item4ae0b4be6c&_uhb=1
Similar ones also come up in an eBay search.

Found the same MR11 on EBay as well, cheers @Curryhouse
I will replace the ones over the sink & bench space,
The ones I completely removed were on the bed head as they shined straight into our eyes, the flex LED fixed that problem.
So I will fit the removed lights to the lounge for reading lites, looking good 8-)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
MR11's can be flamin expensive little buggas from local shops, I ordered a few of them from Hong Kong the other day I hope they don't take a month to get here though.