16' Series Hot Water System Pipes Blocked

waznvic

May 14, 2012
Howdy All
When we got back from our last trip a few months a go I replaced the HWS anode. This week I've found that there is almost no flow in either the kitchen or shower hot taps. Although I thought I had flushed all the crud out of the tank before fitting the new anode, I'm thinking a lump of crap may have been sucked into the hot pipe. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen, or any other suggestions as to the cause or the fix.
Regards
Waz

Gibson

Feb 10, 2014
West australia
It may be the temp limiting valve blocked on the strainer on the inlet to the valve it's nomaly under the van under the hws

waznvic

May 14, 2012
Thanks gibson & skippy. I removed the anode today and flushed out a heap more white anode crud. While it was depressured I blew back from the hot tap into the HW tank and it it's done the trick. All flowing well again.
Now to find out why the dunny pump isn't working!!!
Cheers
Waz

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy and achjimmy

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I replaced the anode a few weeks ago and emptied the tank. In regards to filling it back up, is it simply a matter of hooking up to the mains and turning the tap on?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Did you give the tank a good flush before fitting the new anode @Smergen ?

I replaced the anode a few weeks ago and emptied the tank. In regards to filling it back up, is it simply a matter of hooking up to the mains and turning the tap on?

Yep.... correct but make sure some taps are open to let out the air.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @dagree ... I didn't flush anything, just let it spray crap over me and finish running water. :) I can easily do that tomorrow though. So do you recommend I just unhook the anode again, hook up the hose and let it run for a while? Also with a tap on in the van?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
No need for an open tap when flushing.... And I'd suggest placing the hose end inside the tank (Through the anode hole) and let it mix and flush out.

Learnt the hard way regarding getting sprayed as well but only done it once ;)

Reactions: skippy

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
No need for an open tap when flushing.... And I'd suggest placing the hose end inside the tank (Through the anode hole) and let it mix and flush out.

Learnt the hard way regarding getting sprayed as well but only done it once ;)

Thanks for the tips. Will do that when I'm taking the spare off tomorrow to take to the tyre shop. Found it was flat the other day trying to fit the crust windows...

Reactions: dagree