Exterior Hot water plumbing issue

ontheridge

Oct 8, 2015
Adelaide
Hey guys, I have a Expanda 16.49-2 with bathroom and obviously hot water.

This is a strange situation I have, I can get hot & cold water from the tank to any tap using the 12v pump, no problems at all.

But, if the van is connected to main pressure water supply I can't get hot water out of any tap. I can get cold water no problems.

So, thru plenty of playing around it seems Jayco have connected the hot water tempering valve to a spot that can't get any cold water supply from mains pressure, it can only be supplied with cold water via the 12v pump.

Surely this is wrong, hence the only way to get main pressure hot water to flow is to also have the 12v pump on to supply cold water to the tempering valve.

See attached how it looks currently.

Can someone show me how their equivalent system is plumbed up.

Cheers
Shaun

Attachments

• HWS PROBS.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 181

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
We had a similar problem on our weekend away. Couldn't get hot water. Check under the van and found the shutoff valve going to/from pump had closed. No such issue on the previous outing. Either someone had crawled under and closed it or while travelling being close to other water pipes it somehow bounced shut.

NavStar

Oct 6, 2015
Brisbane
Might find that the non return isolating valve is not letting cold water back to the tempering valve. Try moving the valve to the line going to the hot water unit (next to the gas valve). Not sure if the pump has a built in non return valve to stop mains water back filling into your tank if it is moved.
If it starts filling the water tank when it's connected to the mains put the valve between the pump and the tempering valve line.
Hope this helps.