Exterior Hot Water Anode

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
image.jpg
Just a quick reminder - it is important to check/replace your Suburban hot water anode at least every 12 months. See photo - old one just over a year old.

Reactions: Rockape and Delano

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I think it must depend on how long it sits, as mine is 18mths old and has lost not quite 25%, but then it is used a lot. I check it about every 6 mths.
Fair comment - I agree. Just wanted to bring forum members attention to the need to check the anode every so often. When we purchased our Expanda in 2011 and then our Journey last year we were given no information about anode maintenance. Same applies to info re tow secure battery - see separate post from me.
Cheers
Bill

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Billrw136 and @jeff it is a timely reminder for something thats overlooked, it's one of those items that just can't be left to "The service ", like tyre pressure it's something that you need to check........................my van the HWS is used for probably 10 mths each year, it starts with tank water then progresses thru city type water to outback town water the thing is water is always passing thru , where if your parking up for months at a time you should drain your HWS, you don't need power/heating to cause the process, just water and metal sitting around doing nothing really gets things going............Someone will chime in with a more technical description I hope but like a battery sitting doing nothing chemical reactions take place and they get hungry.

Mine has Adelaide town water in it at the moment so it's probably getting a severe work out.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee that's would be like drinking from a grey water tank :behindsofa:

It possibly could be !!!!!!!!....thankfully I have my Bundy straight......................I must say the quality of the water has vastly improved since my first visit here numerous moons ago and it tastes a hell of a lot better than Toowoomba water...lol.