Hi! I have no Van atm - but hope to change that soon!

Intrepid_Nan

Apr 22, 2024
Victoria
Hi everyone, I grew up caravanning at Wangi Wangi and The Entrance.
Life happened, and now I am Nan to 5 grandchildren. I really want them to experience the joy of caravanning holidays as I did as a child.
I recently hired an Expanda Van for a few days and I was blown away! Things have changed so much!
I now live in Victoria so I elected for Rosebud - great for the 4 and 7-year-olds but not so great for the older kids.
Anyway! Looking to buy an Expander Van later this year. All recommendations are appreciated re purchase and camping locations.

Thanks, Mel

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well first important piece of info in your van selection process is what are you going to tow it with ????

I remember the old Rosebud, where the streets were sand and only the main drag and some bigger side streets were sealed............... it was such a lovely place then..

Reactions: Boots in Action

Intrepid_Nan

Apr 22, 2024
Victoria
Well first important piece of info in your van selection process is what are you going to tow it with ????

I remember the old Rosebud, where the streets were sand and only the main drag and some bigger side streets were sealed............... it was such a lovely place then..
They call it "progress". Knock down a beautiful heritage home, and build concrete apartments.
The only hope is to show our kids the beauty and hope . sorry, ill step down off the soap box now.....

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the Tiguan has a tow cap of 2000kg , so in reality I wouldn't be dragging anything more than say 1600kg van, I'm not going to get into the weights and measures but anything bigger will have more ball weight which eats into the amount you can load into the vehicle and that includes Bums on seats .......... unable to find a GVM or GCM for them but with a tare in the 1700kg , GVM would probably be in the 21-2200kg district I suspect...

While most of the 16ft Expandas fit the tow specs for the vehicle once everything is loaded up you would probably find you are over the limits..........