16' Series Hi guys looking for some advice to raise my 2012 expanda

Nathan Tidy

Aug 16, 2017
Millicent SA
Need some advice best way to raise the hight on my expanda plus any advice that would help me get my van set up for a trip to the kimberlys.thanks in advance

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
What model Expanda. Touring or outback. I will take a stab at touring as I haven’t heard of people raising their OB model. An underslung axle mod sounds like what you are after. A few have done it and documented it here. Use the search function and see how you get on until someone who has actually done it chimes in with first h

Nathan Tidy

Aug 16, 2017
Millicent SA
What model Expanda. Touring or outback. I will take a stab at touring as I haven’t heard of people raising their OB model. An underslung axle mod sounds like what you are after. A few have done it and documented it here. Use the search function and see how you get on until someone who has actually done it chimes in with first h

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Single or dual axle ?????? ...............................................Straight axle ??? ................

If you have a look thru here I should have done a bit on when I lifted my 14 http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/ I have also given some rundowns elsewhere but have no idea where...

.Lift would be in order of 80 - 100mm, easy enough to DIY if you have 4 x truck stands and a concrete pad to work on with some basic tools and Common Dog ..........

Nathan Tidy

Aug 16, 2017
Millicent SA
Single or dual axle ?????? ...............................................Straight axle ??? ................

If you have a look thru here I should have done a bit on when I lifted my 14 http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/ I have also given some rundowns elsewhere but have no idea where...

.Lift would be in order of 80 - 100mm, easy enough to DIY if you have 4 x truck stands and a concrete pad to work on with some basic tools and Common Dog ..........
single axle

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Then it's not that hard, I will see if I can find the How To I did on it as I don't want to do it again.

Reactions: Nathan Tidy

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Just be mindful that if you have an annexe that it will be short but there are way around that.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I can't find the flamin threads on the subject, I know they are there as there are a couple of them.............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Nathan Tidy I have redone a thread on Underslinging an axle and it is here.

I pretty sure I covered it all if not someone will point out my errors, it is one of those jobs that requires vigilance on safety but isn't all that hard with some thought.

Last edited: