14' Series Hi from a new member

Dee351

Jan 12, 2018
Wagga Wagga
Hi, my hubby and I are both in our 50's and became proud new owners of a 2007 14.44.3 expanda last month, upgrading from a camper trailer. We've had a quick weekend away in it so we could try out the awning, annex, privacy screens, bed flys etc. We don't have room at home to put the awning up so it was a good excuse to get away for the weekend....and we loved it!

Currently planning our 1st holiday which will be a 2 week trip from Wagga to Eden , Lakes Entrance and Jindabyne later this month.

We've already learn't so much from reading many of the posts here, thank you. The only problem we have found at the moment is the shower door won't stay closed when travelling, so we'll have to find a way of making the clips/latches that close it tighter.
Cheers Dee

Attachments

• 20180128_104614.jpg
    20180128_104614.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 317

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @Dee351 . As our first expanda was a 14.44.3 I can understand your excitement as they are a great little van, plenty of room for two and really good for touring. Enjoy your van and keep the members entertained with stories and pics of your mods and trips. I am not sure of the door clips on the earlier models but our 2010 unit (and current Journey) have a twist clip on the frame, the same as the ones used to lock the roof lifters in place in the up position.

Reactions: Dee351

Dee351

Jan 12, 2018
Wagga Wagga
Welcome to the forum @Dee351 . As our first expanda was a 14.44.3 I can understand your excitement as they are a great little van, plenty of room for two and really good for touring. Enjoy your van and keep the members entertained with stories and pics of your mods and trips. I am not sure of the door clips on the earlier models but our 2010 unit (and current Journey) have a twist clip on the frame, the same as the ones used to lock the roof lifters in place in the up position.
Thank you chartrock, I'll look into getting a twist clip or 2, I think that may solve our problem.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the mob for sure, you will have a great time in the 14.44 they are just nagic, as for the shower door our old 2009 14.44 did the same, drove me nuts, used to close it onto a towel rolled up on the bottom, what I found was as you tootled along the road the outer wall of the shower would flex a bit and the door would end up swinging free, I don't think I ever solved it 100% even after packing the hinges out.......

Reactions: Dee351 and bigcol

Dee351

Jan 12, 2018
Wagga Wagga
Welcome to the mob for sure, you will have a great time in the 14.44 they are just nagic, as for the shower door our old 2009 14.44 did the same, drove me nuts, used to close it onto a towel rolled up on the bottom, what I found was as you tootled along the road the outer wall of the shower would flex a bit and the door would end up swinging free, I don't think I ever solved it 100% even after packing the hinges out.......
Thanks for the towel tip Drover, I'll give that a try until I can get some twist clips.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think I might have ended up putting a large simple swing clip to hold it, a big version of what some old houses have to hold their fly screens on......I even tried the magnet strip taken from fridge door seals, double sided taped to the thing, wasn't a great success though, too bulky.

Reactions: Dee351 and bigcol