Interior Heron 2.2 Fascia

Geoff83

Apr 22, 2015
Perth
Hey All,
We have the older style (2007)heron 2.2 silver in our van and I was wondering if anyone knows if the new style fascia would fit ? Previous owner had cracked it which by the looks is very easily done when refitting it. I have a couple of issues with the unit I am looking to hopefully fix and can see the fascia not going back on so nicely.

Thanks
Geoff

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I think there's 3 versions best to go window shopping in a caravan shop with a tape measure I reckon..........they look similar in the parts diagram, I'd do a plastic repair and give it a respray, the things are a few dollars.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Geoff83

Apr 22, 2015
Perth
Thanks Guys, spoke to Dometic and they advised with some modifications it should fit ... after a few dead ends trying to get a new fascia I thought nothing loose with the current one so I've gone with some trusty super glue, spacers & collars I had laying around to get it back together and managed not to crack it any more when going back together.

Next is to check the fan as per another post on here that fixed intermittent operation issues

Attachments

• IMG_8604.JPG
    IMG_8604.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,303

Locky

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane
Nice one, Geoff83.
After super-gluing the various bits of the top left corner, I used Builders' Bog (PlastiBond) to reinforce the rear of the corners. And the top left corner now needs my wife's painting skills.

Attachments

• HERON 2.2.JPG
    HERON 2.2.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • IMG_0267[1].JPG
    IMG_0267[1].JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,357
Last edited:

Echo

Jan 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi All,

I'm trying to remove the front panel from my Heron 2.2 (like Geoff83's silver unit) but all three knobs seem to be locked to their shafts. Am I missing something? There don't seem to be any circlips holding the knobs to the shafts. I don't want to apply too much pressure to try to remove them if there's some other technique that I should be using.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben.

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Hi Geoff
Yes it fits comes in two bits the small bit has the electric's attached had to cut the bolts off the back of this due to heron placing the bolts back to front hence no access. The rest is easy. Save the knobs as they don't supply them.