HELP to position the external shower on our 17.56.1

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Hi all,

We received our "phone call" from Jayco Newcastle today with an emailed copy of plans and spec sheet that now require us to sign off. (Whoohoo)

We are going through them as I type and don't really like the position of the external shower - curently on the roadside far back corner with external light above.

We are wondering why they position it there and if anyone has managed to locate something a little more central i.e. located roadside between rear of wheel arch and end of van, or even a little more away from the end, like outside of robe area .

We figure a little more central would be better for the shower tent (away from the canvas) and better location for the above external light? Has anyone done something similar - or any better ideas?

Does it have to be a certain distance from power or other fixtures?

Does anyone know how far inside the van the external shower unit pretrudes, and will it get in the way if we have it in the robe or kitchen cupboard.

Thanks

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Can't help woth your model. Ours is in one of our robes (drivers side) and protudes in about 100mm, but then there is all the pipe work. Its a bit of a mess really. I was planning on storing my solar panel and shower tent in that robe but with all the pipe work all its good for is soft items.

I asked for ours to be on the passenger side under the awning but Jayco said it wouldn't fit. Good luck.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have an internal shower/toilet as well as the outside shower. The external one is fitted at the rear of the driver side and protrudes into the storage area under the rear bed. We found it does not cause any inconvenience there as we can still fit our folding (rotary look alike) clothes line and the TV antenna in that half of the under bed storage. All the plumbing in the van leaves a lot to be desired though. Two cupboards near the wheel arch are virtually useless because of pipes, plumbing and power points with double adaptors all badly sited.

Sorry, hi-jacking the post with another gripe.:D

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Thanks for the feedback guys,

I was in touch with Jayco Newcastle today and they are going to inquire about my request to move it a little more central along the roadside wall.

If possible, it means it will also be a little closer to the HWS; something I forgot to mention on the above thread.

I'll add to this post & let everyone know how it goes, may assist someone in the future?