Help Required

Matthew

Oct 6, 2010
Melbourne
Hi everyone; we have just purchased a second hand Jayco Expanda 18.57.8 2005 Outback, 30th anniversary model. There are two switches (i believe them to be light switches) just inside the door on the left hand wall; i am at a total loss what these 2 switches operate. I have used the caravan on both AC & battery power and these 2 switches seem to do nothing. Would anyone know what these switches are for? I have also looked through the operator’s manual and there seems to be no mention of these 2 switches. Thanks in advance. Matthew

Matthew

Oct 6, 2010
Melbourne
DSC00872.JPG

I think i have attached the photo this time. Thanks Matt

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Matthew, that's an interesting one.

Not familiar with those I am sorry.

However given the location I would assume there is only a couple of ways for the wiring for those switches to be distributed. First down the wall and out under the van, back up to the roof or around the window frame (unlikely).

I would try and trace it back, failing that you may need to pull the switch out and see where it goes.

Let us know how you get on!

Expanda #1

Oct 11, 2010
Hi Matthew

I have a 2004 model and it has a switch there that operates the rear outside light, a bit silly as the light itself has a switch as well.

Cheers dean

Matthew

Oct 6, 2010
Melbourne
I think i an going to have to pull the switches and chase the wiring as they just do not seem to operate anything. i will keep you all posted on what i find. Thx for your help. Matt

Matthew

Oct 6, 2010
Melbourne
i thought the same that it may have operated the two outside lights, but again they both have switches on them as well. But that wasent the case as they did nothing, i am wondering if they are actually wired into anything. I will keep you posted on what i find. Thx for your help. Cheers Matt.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I had a 2004 Jayco Freedom a couple of years ago that had one switch where you have two. It controlled the outside (annexe) light but only if the switch on the light was on so you could turn the outside light off without going out of the van. But you could not turn the light on from outside if the inside switch was off. It seemed a bit of overkill to me. Regards Paul

farm007cs

Oct 16, 2010
Hi there Matthew, Regarding the two light switches. One is a 2 way light switch for above the fridge, the roof light needs to be switched on, on the light, and the entry light switch is a master. Same goes for the other switch, it is for the outside light. Regards Chris.