Help pls!!! Electric vs. gas hot water

Mar 6, 2013
Wantirna, Vic
Hope this a not a dumb question!

We have only ever free camped using gas hot water. We are currently at Rosebud Foreshore on a powered site (packed in like sardines ...all so my 14 year old son can fish). How do I run the hot water off electricity as opposed to gas?

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
There is an on/off switch in the external hot water unit opening. Open the grate and it's at the bottom left. Can be kinda of hard to see. Turn that on and it should be good to go. If not, ensure the powerpoint where the HWS is plugged into is on (mine is under our dinette seat).
Enjoy Rosebud.

Reactions: Gavin and Brooke
Aug 29, 2013
Warradale SA
There is an on/off switch in the external hot water unit opening. Open the grate and it's at the bottom left. Can be kinda of hard to see. Turn that on and it should be good to go. If not, ensure the powerpoint where the HWS is plugged into is on (mine is under our dinette seat).
Enjoy Rosebud.
Thank's Paul, just went and took the cover off and saw the switch which you're talking abiut, the wife will be happy as a pig in sh!t now the gas doesn't need to be fed to the HWS as it wakes her up eavh time.

Gavin

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
That switch catches a lot of people so it certainly wasn't a dumb question. When using das we always leave it on until we have finished showers and washing up and then switch it off. Turn it on again in the morning or later when we need it as it only takes 20 minutes or so to heat up from stone cold. You're right about the noise in the middle of the night. :dejection:

Reactions: Roadkill